If you suffer from lower back pain after a car accident, seek medical care as soon as you can. Your doctor should conduct imaging scans and other tests to detect the source of the pain. They might find that you suffered muscle strains, a bulging disk, or another back injury.
Get a copy of your doctor’s report after the visit. You can use it as evidence of your injury when you file your insurance claim or lawsuit against the other party.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Back Pain Could Be Indicative of a Back, Neck, or Spinal Injury
It’s common to feel sore and have minor aches and pains after a car accident. However, in more serious cases, the pain persists or worsens over the next several weeks. For example, Mayo Clinic affirms that you may experience a stabbing or shooting sensation that radiates down your legs.
If the pain keeps you from walking, standing, or going about your regular activities comfortably, consider consulting a medical professional if you have not already. Your doctor may diagnose you with an injury after conducting a series of tests.
According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), you may suffer from:
- Sprains: Torn or overstretched ligaments
- Strains: Tears in the muscle or tendons
- Spams: Contraction of muscles
- Sciatica: When something presses on your sciatic nerve, and a burning pain travels from the buttocks and down the leg
- Spinal stenosis: When the spinal column narrows and puts stress on the spinal cord and nerves
- Bulged or herniated discs: When the spinal discs are compressed and bulge
Treatment for these injuries varies based on severity. Sprains, strains, and spasms, for example, may just call for over-the-counter pain relievers or hot and cold packs. Those with chronic lower back pain may benefit from other treatments, though. These include:
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Physical therapy
- Spinal injections
If these treatments don’t work for you, your doctor may recommend surgery.
Tips For Building Your Car Accident Case When Treating Your Low Back Pain
Taking the time to let your lower back heal should be your priority. In doing so, you can safeguard the value of your case.
We recommend that you:
- Get medical help right after the car accident.
- Do everything your doctor advises for your lower back pain treatment.
- Write down everything you remember from the car accident.
- Keep a daily journal that details your pain, mood, and treatment routine.
This information will show that the car accident was a direct cause of your lower back pain and injuries. In turn, the other party’s insurance company will have a hard time claiming that:
- You contributed to your injuries
- You made your injuries worse
- You made your injuries out to be more serious than they really were
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Damages You Can Collect For Lower Back Pain After a Car Accident
The value of your damages will be based on certain facts of your case, such as:
- Your age
- If you can work
- How limited your mobility is
- How your mental health has been affected
- The type of back injury you sustained
- How long you are expected to recover
Once we have reviewed these details, we will assess your damages. You may be eligible to seek awards for:
- Past and expected medical bills: For the imaging tests, medications, surgery, acupuncture, emergency visit, and physical therapy
- Income losses: For the days you had to take off work
- Lost future earning capacity: For the wages you won’t be able to make if you are unable to go back to work
- Property damage: For the repair or replacement costs for your car
- Pain and suffering: For the discomfort, stress, and pain your back injury has caused you
- Mental anguish: For the mental and emotional hardship you have had to endure after the car accident
This list is not comprehensive, as you may be entitled to collect other damages that are not mentioned here.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Assist You
You can rely on our firm to represent your best interests from start to finish. Some tasks we can complete for you include:
- Creating a case file
- Figuring out who caused the accident and holding them accountable
- Filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the liable party
- Dealing with the insurance company, including phone calls, emails, and settlement negotiations
- Taking your case in front of a jury if it does not settle
You can retain our legal services for a contingency fee*, so no upfront or retainer fee will be due. Your lawyer’s payment will come out of the compensation they win for you.
Work with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers After a Car Accident
Lower back pain after a car accident may force you to rearrange your lifestyle, leaving you more susceptible to further physical and financial stress. Our auto accident guide contains more information about how to approach your accident case.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001