On April 18, unsung heroes in the local community were celebrated at the 2018 Annual Jefferson Awards for their work that may have otherwise gone unrecognized. Partnering with ABC News 4, George Sink P.A. Injury Lawyers hosted the event at Memorial Waterfront Park in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
For more photos of the event, visit our photo gallery!
The event recognized local heroes of all ages in the local community, whose actions included:
- Supporting veterans & their families’ mental/physical health through animal therapy and surfing
- Providing bicycles to underprivileged children
- Putting their lives in danger to help the victims of the destructive Hurricane Harvey that left Texas in ruin
- Raising money for clean water infrastructure
- Helping children and adults battling brain tumors & cancer
- The preservation of South Carolina’s sea turtles & their habitats
- Sheltering cats and dogs with no home or medical care
- The collection of food donations to feed the hungry
- Knitting blankets for cancer survivors & beanies for babies.
The actions of these heroes show that compassion, ingenuity, and the willingness to help knows no age.
George Sink Jr., who delivered the Words of Appreciation at the Jefferson Awards banquet, says this annual event is a highlight of the year.
“The entire firm and I look forward to the Jefferson Awards banquet every year,” he says. “We love having the opportunity to host this event, and to recognize these unsung heroes in our community. We encourage everyone to celebrate the quiet heroes in their own communities!”