Bunk beds are being recalled, following a tragic accident of a Iowa boy. According to news reports :
“Big Lots has recalled around 30,000 metal futon bunk beds following the death of a three-year old boy, the government said on Thursday.
The Burlington, Iowa boy died of compression asphyxiation after he became entrapped at the head and neck in a recalled bunk bed in March 2010, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a statement.
The CPSC also warned that the space between the last rung on the bunk bed’s ladder and the futon mattress is too small and that a child’s head might get trapped in the space.”
The recalled items include metal-framed bunk beds with the model number: BFB1008GE. The beds were sold at Big Lots stores from January 2009 to April 2010 for approximately $200.
As an Orangeburg personal injury lawyer , I urge consumers to take care of this vehicle recall before any accidents or injuries occur.
While we don’t handle this kind of recall, we feel that it’s important to educate the community to help protect their health and safety. If you have been injured by a faulty, recalled product you might wish to contact an Orangeburg personal injury lawyer who can help.