If an 18-wheeler strikes your vehicle and causes serious injuries, you may get compensation from the truck driver, the trucking company, or another party at fault for the accident. Did you suffer injuries in a truck accident?
Call a truck accident lawyer in Union, SC, at George Sink, P.A., Injury Lawyers. The initial consultation is free.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Cause and Liability for Your Injuries in a Truck Accident
There is a multitude of factors that can cause truck accidents. Some of the most common include:
- Distracted driving: A truck driver is talking on her phone or texting at the time of the accident. If a truck driver takes her eyes off the road for a few seconds, disastrous consequences can follow.
- Driver fatigue: A drowsy truck driver reacts slower than a rested driver. The slower response time could result in an accident.
- Speeding: A truck driver wants to get to a destination on time, so she may exceed the speed limit or drive faster than weather conditions warrant.
- Following too closely: A truck takes a greater distance to stop than other vehicles. If a truck driver is following your car too closely, the driver may not be able to stop before plowing into the rear of your vehicle.
- Blind spots: A truck driver may fail to check her blind spot. If she swerves into your lane, the impact can knock your car off the road or down an embankment.
In South Carolina, you may not recover damages if your fault exceeds 50%. If 50% or less, your fault reduces your recovery by the percentage of your fault. Our lawyers will present the facts to minimize your fault in comparison to that of the truck driver.
Union Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Proving the Cause of Your Truck Accident
Our Union truck accident attorneys will work diligently to develop your case and assemble the necessary evidence to prove who was at fault in your truck accidents. This means our team will:
- Visit the accident scene. Skid marks show when the truck driver applied her brakes. No skid marks can mean a driver fell asleep before the accident, while a shattered tire can suggest a tire separation.
- Read the police report. The report may state you were at fault, but our investigation may prove otherwise. The report may contain statements, such as an admission by the truck driver.
- Interview witnesses. Our attorneys will talk to witnesses who saw the accident or were at the accident scene. Someone may have taken a video or a photo of the wreckage before the vehicles were moved.
- Investigate the driver’s background. Did the truck driver have a prior DUI, insufficient training, or bad driving habits?
- Gather information. The truck’s electronic recorder module (similar to an airplane’s “black box”) can reveal the cause of the accident. Our attorneys can get cell phone records, results of any breath or alcohol tests on the truck driver, and footage from a traffic camera.
- Hire experts. Our attorneys can hire an expert to inspect the truck for a defect or to recreate the accident.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries in a Truck Accident
Our truck accident attorneys in Union cannot undo the damage to your life caused by the truck accident. But we can work to see that you get compensation from the at-fault parties.
Injuries You Can Suffer in a Truck Accident
Because of the size of a tractor-trailer, the injuries you suffer in a truck accident can be serious. They can include the following:
- Head injuries: Brain injuries may not be visible, and symptoms may not surface immediately. Watch for symptoms like headaches or confusion after the accident.
- Broken bones: The impact of the collision can cause fractures to various bones in the body.
- Neck and back injuries: If a truck strikes your vehicle from the rear, the jolt to your body can injure your back or neck. If your back or neck is sore after the accident, see a doctor.
- Spinal injuries
- Internal injuries: Your seat belt can save your life, but it can also injure you. You can suffer damage to your liver, kidneys, or other organs.
What seems like a minor injury could turn into something major. An early diagnosis will help you heal sooner, and it avoids the other party claiming the injuries were not caused by the accident.
Damages You Can Recover for Your Injuries in a Truck Accident
The compensation you can receive for your injuries in a truck accident include the following:
- Medical expenses: Our attorneys will talk to your doctors and consult medical experts. We want to know what medical treatment you will need now and in the future for the injuries caused by the accident.
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity: You can get money for the work you missed. If you cannot return to your job or a job making the same money, you can get the difference between what you earned before the accident and what you can earn after the accident.
- Pain and suffering: Let our attorneys know the extent, duration, and frequency of your pain.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you can recover punitive damages, which are damages intended to punish the at-fault party.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one passes away due to a truck accident, you may be able to recover damages through a wrongful death claim.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Contact a Union Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Our truck accident lawyers in Union will negotiate with the insurance company or attorneys on the other side to get you compensation for your injuries. If we cannot reach a reasonable settlement, we will take the matter to court and let a judge or jury decide the outcome.
If you suffered an injury in a truck accident, call a truck accident lawyer serving Union, SC, at George Sink, P.A., Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001