After suffering a work-related injury, you may face ongoing medical expenses and limited options for future employment. Though your physical recovery should be your first priority, we understand how financial concerns get in the way.
You can move quickly and efficiently through the workers’ compensation process by leaning on the support and guidance of a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Sumter, SC.
When you work with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you can count on our compassion, knowledge, and resources to help you heal and recover fair compensation for your work-related injuries. With our proven strategy and our experience negotiating with insurance companies, we will fight for you from the time you get hurt until the resolution of your case.1
We are the voice of the injured worker. Contact us today by calling 888-612-7001. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and our initial consultation is free.
For a free legal consultation with a workers compensation lawyer serving Sumter, call 803-402-3164
Common Worksite Injuries Explained
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we have handled many types of work-related injury cases.
What are the most common workplace injuries?
The most common ones include:
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: These types of injuries can occur anywhere, from construction sites to office buildings. Falling from ladders, scaffolding, stairs or other heights are common ways of getting injured at workplaces.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries: Repetitive stress or motion injuries occur when a joint is required to make the same movements over and over again. These injuries are most common, for example, in people who type or who work on a factory assembly line all day, every day.
- Falling Objects: You can get hurt after being struck by a falling object on a construction site or in any other work environment.
- Inhaling Toxic Fumes: This can happen in a variety of settings, including construction sites.
In addition, many workers get hurt from crashes and collisions, loud noises, and other incidents.
Contact our law firm when you want to protect your rights and get the compensation you are entitled to receive. We are available all the time, so workers comp attorneys at 888-612-7001 for a free case review.
Sumter Workers Compensation Lawyer Near Me803-402-3164
Available Benefits for Workers’ Compensation Claims
Individuals who were injured or suffered an occupational disease due to a workplace accident or incident may be eligible for these benefits:
- Medical and hospital costs
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Lost earnings
Workers in South Carolina usually cannot receive benefits for mental and emotional trauma. Those who want to seek compensation for pain and suffering would need to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent defendant who isn’t their employer or coworker.
Contact a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Sumter, SC, if you were injured while working. Call our firm, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, at 888-612-7001 to discuss the specifics of your case and get your claim moving in the right direction.
Employees Who Cannot Seek Compensation
Companies with fewer than four employees do not have to offer workers’ compensation. In addition, there are other workers in South Carolina who are not eligible for a South Carolina workers compensation claim including:
- Some who work in temporary positions
- Some corporate officers
- Some real estate agents
- Federal employees who work in South Carolina
- Those who work in agricultural positions
- Those employed by railroads
Eligibility Requirements for Workers
Employees entitled to workers’ compensation benefits need to notify employers about their injuries or illnesses within 90 days of the accident or first occurrence of symptoms.
After notification, employers must file a workers’ compensation claim on the employee’s behalf with the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission within 10 days.
What Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Do for You
A workers’ compensation lawyer in Sumter can help you navigate the process and make it easier for you to get the compensation you deserve. If you retain our workers’ compensation firm, you can count on us to:
- Handle all necessary paperwork
- Educate you on what to expect and what is needed to get the most positive outcome
- Gather evidence, including medical records, wage documents, and safety reports
- Interview witnesses and obtain supportive statements
- Work with your doctors and any necessary expert witnesses to obtain supportive opinions
- Prepare you for depositions and hearings
- Monitor your case and provide status reports
- Deal with insurance companies
- Address all of your concerns
Contact a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Sumter, SC, if you have been injured or suffered an occupational disease. Our firm can fight to get you fair compensation. Get a free workers’ compensation case review by calling George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers at 888-612-7001.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Is Workers’ Compensation Representation Affordable?
When you work with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you do not need to pay any upfront costs for our advice or our representation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means our firm does not get paid until you receive compensation.*
This means you have no upfront obligations while we fight for your benefits.
Contact one of our workers’ compensation lawyers serving Sumter, SC to discuss the specifics of your case. With our help, you can get your life back on track. Get a free, no-obligation case evaluation today by calling our bilingual team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers at 888-612-7001.