If you suffered an injury in a Summerville, South Carolina construction accident, you should talk with a personal injury lawyer about going after compensation for your losses. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can take a look at the construction accident and evaluate whether you might be able to pursue a claim for your damages.
You will not have to worry about paying for legal fees out of pocket while your claim is pending because we do not charge upfront legal fees in construction accident cases. Our legal fees come out of the settlement or award at the end of the case.
A construction accident lawyer serving Summerville, South Carolina can help you seek money damages for the harm you suffered. When George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers handle your claim, you can focus your attention on your health and recuperation. Call us today to get a free consultation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
What a Construction Accident Lawyer in Summerville Must Prove in Your Case
Most construction accident claims arise out of someone’s negligence. If someone’s carelessness caused your injury, we can hold them responsible for your damages if we can establish all four of these factors:
- Duty of care. The responsible person or company must have owed you a duty of care, such as the duty to provide a safe workplace.
- Breach of the duty of care. When someone fails to meet the legal standard of care, it is negligence. Exposing workers to the risk of harm from overhead materials or equipment falling, for example, can be a breach of the duty of care to provide a safe workplace, and thereby, negligence.
- Causation. The facts will satisfy the causation element when the negligence is what caused the accident that hurt you. For example, when a worker gets injured from falling bricks in this scenario, the foreman’s negligence caused the injury.
- Measurable damages. If you sustain physical injuries from the accident, you satisfy the quantifiable damages element. Once we establish physical injuries, then we can go after other losses, like intangible damages.
In addition to negligence as a legal theory for holding someone liable for your injuries, construction accident cases sometimes involve seeking damages under these legal theories:
Manufacturers can be liable for damages when they make defective products that hurt people. For example, a company that makes ladders can be responsible when someone suffers harm because a defective ladder collapsed.
Construction sites are inherently dangerous places. Because of this fact, sometimes the law will hold a construction company or project owner responsible when people get hurt, even if the defendants were not guilty of negligence.
Regardless of the legal theory we use to go after the responsible party for the harm you suffered, our construction accident attorneys in Summerville will work tirelessly to get you compensation.
Summerville Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Summerville, SC Construction Accident
Construction job sites have many different activities going on at the same time. Because of all these moving parts, it is possible for more than one individual or company to be responsible when people get hurt. In addition, sometimes multiple mistakes combine to lead to a construction accident.
Here are some examples of who can be responsible for an accident at a construction site:
- The general contractor
- The owner of the construction project
- Maintenance company who is responsible for keeping equipment in working order
- Manufacturers of defective equipment
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Damages You Could Receive for a Construction Accident Case in Summerville, SC
The amount of compensation you can recover for a Summerville, South Carolina construction accident will depend on the facts of your claim. Here are some of the common types of damages people can collect in these cases:
- Lost income, to replace the time lost from work without pay because of the accident and your recuperation time. This item can include lost wages, salary, self-employment, and other income.
- Medical bills to treat your injuries. This loss can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, x-rays, diagnostic procedures, hospital, doctors, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Loss of earning potential, if your injuries leave you unable to make as much money as you could before the accident.
- The rehabilitation center, if devastating injuries caused you to need specialized treatment.
- Disability, if you cannot work to support yourself because of the harm you suffered.
- Long-term care, if you suffered catastrophic injuries in the construction accident that caused you to need daily assistance with medical treatment and personal care.
- Pain and suffering to compensate you for the physical discomfort and mental distress you experienced from the accident.
- Other intangible losses, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic depression or anxiety, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and your spouse’s claim for loss of consortium.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
What Causes Construction Accidents
Because of all the hazardous activity taking place at construction sites, there are many different ways a person can sustain injury. Whether you are an employee of the general contractor, a subcontractor, or the project owner, or you are a vendor or supplier or a bystander, you could get hurt from a construction accident.
Some of the common scenarios in which accidents happen at construction sites include:
- Falls from higher elevations, like cranes, scaffolding, ladders, rooftops, and unfinished levels of buildings.
- Harm from defective equipment.
- The collapse of scaffolding, ladders, or cranes.
- Objects like tools, equipment, or building materials falling onto people.
Getting Legal Help for Your Injury Claim from a Summerville Construction Accident Lawyer
Our construction accident lawyers in Summerville, South Carolina can explain your legal options and walk you through what to expect. We do not charge upfront legal fees in construction accident cases. * We do not get paid until you get a settlement or award. *
A Summerville construction accident attorney can help you pursue money damages for your losses. Call us today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001