Boating accidents can cause substantial financial damage, not to mention personal injury. Some accidents result in the loss of life, as well. Whenever a boating accident occurs, it’s best to take action right away to protect your rights. Working with a boat accident lawyer in Summerville at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you with collecting the financial compensation that is rightfully yours.
When you work with lawyers who understand boating laws, you protect your assets and could recover from personal injury losses. Don’t spend another minute worrying about what you should do next. You should not have to focus on anything other than recovering. Call us to get connected with a boat accident attorney in Summerville; they will help you navigate through this tumultuous time.
Reach out today to begin the process to potentially collect your financial compensation. We want to learn how we can help and bring justice to you. A Summerville boat accident lawyer will give you advice with no upfront fees. We don’t charge until you collect compensation. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free case consultation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Why Boating Accidents Occur
Boating accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of which can be attributed to people not obeying the boating laws, which are listed below. Other accidents may arise because of bad weather or malfunctioning boat equipment. When malfunctioning boat equipment is a factor, it’s vital to talk to a boat accident lawyer in Summerville, because sometimes the manufacturer may be held liable.
Some boating accidents occur because the driver is impaired or distracted. If alcohol is involved, the driver will face the penalties set forth by the state.
Inexperience is another problem that may lead boaters to struggle while navigating the waters. They may get into a bad situation and make the wrong move, thus leading to an accident.
Whatever the cause of the boating accident, it brings devastation to all involved. Even minor accidents can be consequential.
Summerville Boat Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Boating Laws and Regulations in South Carolina
As mentioned above, there are several boating rules and regulations. According to South Carolina’s Official State Regulation Guide, some of these rules are as follows:
- A boat operator cannot be within 50 feet of an anchored vessel, wharf, pier, dock, or person in the water if it’s idling
- A boat operator cannot be within 100 feet of the Atlantic coastline if it’s idling
- Boats must have a Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device (PFD) on board, and they must be in good condition
- Flares are essential on all boats in coastal waters
- Navigation lights must be used between official sunset and sunrise
- If a boat is less than 39.4 feet, it must be equipped with a sound-producing device
- If the boat is between 39.4 – 65.6 feet, it must be equipped with a whistle and bell
- Boat operators under the age of 16 must complete an SCDNR-approved course or be with an adult over the age of 18
These rules are put in place to ensure the safety of others on the water. If any of these laws are broken during an accident, let your boat accident lawyer serving Summerville know.
If you’ve been injured in a boating wreck, you may be eligible to file for compensation. Find out the law by getting in touch with a boat accident lawyer serving Summerville. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free case consultation.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Boating Accident Laws in Summerville
The United States Coast Guard (USCG) operates under federal law and thereby has regulations concerning boating accidents. The law requires that anyone involved in a boating accident must file an official report following their state reporting guidelines if any of the following occurs:
- Any person dies
- A person is injured and needs medical treatment, beyond a simple first-aid measure
- Someone disappears from the boat, and you suspect they have drowned or are injured
- There is more than $2,000 worth of damage to the vessel (the amount varies based on the location, so be sure to check with your Boat accident lawyer serving Summerville for clarification)
- The boat is destroyed
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Recoverable Damages from a Boating Accident
When a boating accident occurs, you can claim damages. There are property damages that may be eligible under your insurance plan. However, that will not usually be adequate for personal injury. For these situations, it’s crucial to use the support a boat accident lawyer serving Summerville offers.
The recoverable damages may include the following:
- Medical costs for your injuries
- Lost wages from being out of work
- Wrongful death if applicable
- Future earnings
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Connect With a Boat Accident Lawyer Serving Summerville for Help
A boating accident can have traumatic consequences. It may turn your life upside down with devastation. However, you don’t need to be without compensation. We will build a solid case on your behalf and fight for you to receive fair compensation.
A boat accident attorney in Summerville at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will make sure your rights are protected. Contact us for a free case consultation. We don’t charge unless we collect on your behalf. Call now for more information.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001