If you received an unfair decision on your application for veterans disability benefits, you’re not alone. Each year, Veterans Affairs (VA) denies (or underrates) countless valid claims. When this happens, you can combat the decision with the help of a South Carolina veterans appeals lawyer.
Our founding partner, former Marine Corps Captain George Sink, Sr., first dedicated his life to serving his country in Vietnam. Now, he dedicates his life to helping other veterans get the benefits they deserve. We’re ready to pursue what you need today.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
We Help Veterans Get the Benefits They Rightfully Deserve
Right now, you may be considering legal aid if:
- VA denied your application for benefits, and you’re requesting an appeal.
- VA approved your application, but you got a lower disability rating than expected.
You fought for our country’s freedom. Now, we’re ready to fight for you. During your free case review, we’re eager to hear your story. We want to serve you in the best way we can.
South Carolina Veterans Appeals Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Our South Carolina Veterans Disability Lawyers Are Ready to Help
Consider the following:
We Will Determine the Reason For Your Application’s Denial (or Your Low Rating)
Some reasons for denials include:
- The information you gave VA doesn’t match with their records.
- You didn’t give VA enough information to tie your condition to your time in the military.
- You failed to undergo a recommended compensation and pension (C&P) exam.
- You didn’t fill out all required forms completely and accurately.
Applying for VA disability benefits isn’t easy, so it’s completely normal to be overwhelmed by the paperwork and obligations that come with this process. Once we review the reason for your claim’s denial, we can work toward an appeal.
We’re Ready to Manage Everything the Appeals Process Entails
After evaluating the reason for your claim’s denial, we will:
- File a Notice of Disagreement (NOD). This tells VA that you’re interested in pursuing an appeal.
- Wait for VA’s decision. After getting your NOD, your local VA office will review your application again, then send you a written statement explaining why it was denied. We may provide VA with supplemental information to bolster your claim.
- Present your case to the Board of Veterans’ Appeal. Here, we’ll file your appeal-related paperwork and determine whether a hearing with a Veterans Law Judge could help you.
Then, our team will guide you through any necessary hearings or meetings. We don’t want you to worry about managing the appeals process on your own – we will do everything possible to secure the benefits you deserve.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Why Partner with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers?
Attorney George Sink, Sr., has advocated for people in need since 1977. During that time, he’s helped countless veterans get the benefits they need. With our team, you can expect:
- 24/7 service: You can start your free case review whenever is most convenient for you. Here, you can share your concerns with one of our team members, and we will explain how we can help you.
- Routine updates: After partnering with our veterans disability team, you won’t have to wonder how your case is doing. We will provide you with updates via email or over the phone, so you always know what’s going on.
- Insight from our decades of experience: Our lawyers have been featured on ABC, FOX, NBC, and other major news syndicates. We know what goes into building successful disability claims.
Right now, we want you to spend time with your loved ones – not fussing over the appeals process and its complicated paperwork. Our firm will handle everything your case requires.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Commonly Asked Questions About the Veterans Disability Process
We want you to understand everything about getting the benefits you need. Here are some questions we commonly get from veterans:
How Long Does It Take to Receive Benefits?
According to VA, it generally takes about 150 days to process a veteran’s disability claim. Yet, this process may be longer or shorter depending on:
- The type of claim you filed
- The evidence you submitted with your application
- How many claims VA is currently processing
- Your application’s complexity
If your claim is denied, you could wait months or even years to get benefits. We understand that you want benefits now. So, we will do everything possible to ensure your application’s strength, accuracy, and completion.
What Can I Get Once I’m Approved For Benefits?
If your appeal succeeds and you get benefits, you may qualify for:
- Monthly cash payments
- Educational programs
- Home loans
- Life insurance plans
- Healthcare benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses
You also gain access to services offered by VA clinics, such as dental care services and eye vision exams.
Why is My Disability Rating Important?
When VA gives you a disability rating, it determines your condition’s severity and monthly payments. For instance, suppose that you get a 20 percent disability rating – you would get $301.74 a month.
Your application should show the full extent of your condition, as this allows VA to assign a disability rating that reflects your financial needs.
Do I Have to Work with a Disability Benefits Lawyer?
The fact is, you don’t have to work with a lawyer during the appeals process. However, working with one could make the difference between a denied claim and an approved one.
Our experience proves invaluable in these situations. We encourage you to consider the benefits of partnering with our firm.
Get Our Veteran-Founded Firm on Your Side Today
Our veterans disability team in South Carolina is ready to pursue benefits today. As a Vietnam veteran, Attorney George Sink, Sr., understands what it means to serve and sacrifice. Mr. Sink’s passion for helping disabled veterans extends to each member of his team.
After reviewing your case, we’re ready to start advocating for your rights today. To begin your free case review with our law firm, dial (888) 612-7001.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001