If you were injured in a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, you might be eligible for compensation. Contact a slip and fall attorney in Sumter, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation to learn about your rights and how an attorney can serve you in a slip and fall claim.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Sumter, call 803-402-3164
Remaining Dedicated to Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Sumter
With a continued dedication to client satisfaction, a team member is available to answer your questions 24/7. The firm also offers free consultations and handles slip and fall accident cases on contingency, so you don’t have to pay upfront costs. We will recover attorney fees from any compensation that we secure for you.
If your injury prevents you from traveling to us, a slip and fall lawyer in Sumter, South Carolina, will also meet at your home or the hospital to discuss your case.
Sumter Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me803-402-3164
Risk Factors for Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and falls can be caused by many things such as wet and dry spills, rundown buildings with rickety steps and floors, heavily polished flooring, unkempt yards and walkways, malfunctioning escalators, and more.
South Carolina’s Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) reports three main risk factors that increase the chances of an unintentional fall:
- Age. As one gets older, their chance of falling increases because they don’t have the strength to balance as easily when they encounter a hazard.
- Activity. Lack of physical activity also means less strength to balance when encountering a hazard.
- Fear. Those who have already experienced a fall develop a fear of falling, making them twice as likely to fall again.
How Our Firm Can Help After a Slip and Fall in Sumter, South Carolina
When a slip and fall accident results in a severe injury, victims must take legal action to recover damages. Here are some of the ways a Sumter slip and fall lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can assist you after a slip and fall in the area:
- Investigating your case including talking to witnesses, obtaining medical records, taking photos, and more.
- Consulting with specialists to determine liability, assess future medical costs, and place a monetary value on your claim.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and any other defendants so you can focus on recovery.
- Litigating your case in the courtroom when the defense refuses to offer full and fair compensation for your injuries.
If you lost a loved one due to a slip and fall injury, you may be eligible to recover a payout through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Urgent Steps to Follow After a Slip and Fall in Sumter
Here are some immediate steps that you can take after your slip and fall accident until you have a chance to consult with a lawyer:
- Seek medical treatment ASAP. Your health remains top priority, so you need to get checked out by a doctor, even if you feel okay. Taking this step might prevent an insurance company from arguing that your fall didn’t cause your injuries. Visit Palmetto Health Tuomey Hospital if your regular doctor isn’t available.
- Take photos of the hazard. Use your cell phone to take pictures of the hazard that led to your slip and fall accident just in case the property owner removes the hazard.
- Only speak with your lawyer about your case. Speaking with others about your slip and fall accident or posting information about your case on social media might provide an insurance company or the defense something that can be used to devalue your claim later on.
A Sumter Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Assist You Today
Don’t risk missing out on the compensation that you deserve for your slip and fall accident. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or online for a free consultation to discuss the details of your accident with a slip and fall lawyer serving Sumter, South Carolina.