Mopeds have become a popular form of transportation in South Carolina, especially for those looking to travel locally or save gas money. However, collisions between mopeds and other vehicles can result in serious injuries.
If you were injured in one of these accidents, you might wonder whether you have financial recovery options. You do. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has recovered millions for injured claimants, including a $3 million moped accident settlement. Our South Carolina moped accident lawyers are ready to start pursuing compensation today.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
We’re Eager to Recover Compensation For Your Injury-Related Expenses
Traffic Injury Prevention reveals some startling information about moped accidents. The publication reports that collisions between mopeds and motor vehicles generally cause skull, torso, chest, and musculoskeletal injuries.
As you can imagine, the cost of treating these injuries is substantial. Medical bills, compounded with missed time from work and physical therapy costs, can strain your financial resources. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is committed to seeking recovery for these damages:
- Your necessary medical expenses, including medications and mental health counseling
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Property damage expenses (such as the cost of replacing your moped)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income, tips, and other employee-related benefits
What’s the Value of My Moped Injury Case in South Carolina?
Even though we’ve recovered multi-million-dollar settlements for moped accident cases, your case’s value depends on your situation. When considering what constitutes a fair settlement, we will evaluate your:
- Condition’s severity
- Necessary medical treatment
- Day-to-day function
- Pain levels
- Ability to work
- Recovery period
Additionally, we will consider your property damage receipts, invoices, and medical bills to determine your damages’ cost.
South Carolina Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Why Partner with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers?
We’re a veteran-founded firm with more than 40 years of legal experience. Our founder, Attorney George Sink, Sr., first started practicing law in 1974. Attorney George Sink, Sr., and his firm have managed over 40,000 cases during that period, securing sizable settlements for injured claimants in Georgia and South Carolina.
Here are some reasons to consider partnering with us:
We’re Prepared to Investigate Your Moped Accident
All of our successful cases have one thing in common: evidence. The more information we have, the stronger your case. Your lawyer will investigate your accident and uncover:
- The police report
- Traffic camera footage
- Black box data
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- Your medical records
- Accident reconstruction specialists’ testimony
Using your case’s evidence, we must establish:
- The party that caused your accident had an obligation to keep road users safe.
- The other party failed in this obligation.
- The other party caused your accident and resulting injuries.
- You have damages stemming from the collision.
Our moped accident lawyers encourage you to keep all information and documents regarding your case, including your medications’ names and imaging scan results. Our South Carolina firm also recommends keeping a “pain journal” where you can document your day-to-day recovery period.
We Resolve Many Injury Claims Through Insurance Settlements
Many insurance companies are familiar with our law firm. After they read our demand letters, our team can usually negotiate for fair compensation. To manage your injury claim, we will:
- Review your case
- Calculate your losses
- Negotiate with the claims adjuster
- Send the insurer all necessary information
- Examine the liable insurance policy
We’re prepared to protect you from bad faith insurance practices, as well.
We Can File Your Lawsuit While You Focus on Your Well-Being
If the insurance company refuses to negotiate, we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. The at-fault party in your case could be a product manufacturer, another motorist, or a government agency.
After filing your lawsuit, we will:
- Take depositions from the involved parties
- Present your case’s evidence
- Exchange information with the other party’s lawyers
- Cross-examine the other party’s witnesses
- Argue your right to compensation
You don’t have to worry about handling a lawsuit on your own. You focus on getting better. We’ll take care of everything else.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Questions and Answers About Moped Accidents in South Carolina
Right now, you may be wondering:
How Long Does It Take to Recover Compensation After a Moped Accident?
Each injury case comes with its own timeline. Some cases resolve within weeks, while others take years to complete. Your case’s progression depends on:
- The insurance company’s cooperation. Some insurance companies dutifully pay injured people’s claims. Others, however, employ a host of tactics to stall or deny claims. We’ll do everything possible to hold the liable insurer accountable.
- Your case’s evidence. If we have evidence readily available, we can negotiate a settlement with the insurer. Consulting experts and investigating your accident could take some time.
- Your recovery period. We don’t want to resolve your case until you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI). Once you reach MMI, we’ll understand your necessary medical treatments and healthcare costs. We don’t want to settle for less than you need. After all, once you accept a settlement, you cannot request more money later.
What Causes Moped Accidents in South Carolina?
The U.S. General Services Administration notes that human error causes about 98 percent of all collisions. Contributors to your accident may include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Failing to yield to the right-of-way
Does South Carolina Have State-Specific Laws About Mopeds?
- All mopeds must have a license plate and be registered with the DMV.
- Mopeds do not require insurance.
- People aged 15 and older can operate mopeds.
- Riders under the age of 21 must wear helmets.
- You do not need to title a moped.
We can evaluate how these laws apply to your case when you give us a call.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Discuss Your Case with Our South Carolina Moped Accident Team
If a moped accident injured you or a loved one, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers could help. Our firm is committed to representing injured claimants and their families. Moped lawyers serving South Carolina are ready to secure fair and just compensation for your losses.
To discuss your case with our moped accident team, contact us today for a free consultation. Dial (888) 612-7001.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001