Our team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers understands that slip and fall victims and their families face ample amounts of physical, mental, and financial stress due to amassing medical expenses, lost income from time away from work, and pain from injury.
Our slip and fall lawyers serving Greenwood, SC, are here to help with our individualized service. If you have sustained an injury from a slip and fall injury, contact us today for a free case review to discuss your legal options for filing a claim.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Greenwood, call 864-334-7200
Our Commitment to Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Greenwood
The legal team of personal injury lawyers at our firm remains focused on client service. The firm’s personal service includes 24/7 phone access for clients who have questions and concerns and free case reviews to determine eligibility for compensation.
We handle cases on contingency, only collecting attorney fees from any compensation that we secure for you. Additionally, your injury might prevent you from traveling to us, so a Greenwood slip and fall attorney will gladly meet at your home or in the hospital to discuss the details of your case.
Greenwood Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-334-7200
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Many situations might give rise to a slip and fall accident, but here are some common hazards:
- Spills of wet and dry products including water, food, cleaning products, oil, and more
- Heavily polished marble, granite, or ceramic floors
- Broken floorboards, old and weak steps, broken tiles
- Elevator and escalator malfunction
- Uneven walking surfaces
How We Can Help After a Slip and Fall in Greenwood
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our individualized service includes helping you in multiple ways. Here are some of the things our slip and fall lawyers in Greenwood, SC, will handle for you:
- Investigation. We will gather evidence to build and support your case including medical records, witness statements, and accident scene photos.
- Consultation. We employ the expertise of specialists in their field to offer opinions on your accident, your injuries, and help determine liability.
- Negotiation. We will handle all communications with the defense, including negotiations with insurance companies that might try to offer you a quick settlement to avoid paying out larger amounts later on.
- Litigation. We will aggressively litigate your case in the courtroom when settlement is not an option because the defense doesn’t want to offer full and fair compensation for your damages and injury.
Next Steps After a Slip and Fall in Greenwood
If you have sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, you need to protect your ability to recover damages and provide as much information as possible to your attorney. Although we will investigate your case, here are some important steps to take after a fall to help support your case:
- Go to the doctor right away. Waiting too long to get medical documentation for your injuries puts your claim at risk because the insurance company might argue that your slip and fall accident did not cause your injuries. Visit your regular doctor or head to a nearby hospital, such as Self Regional Medical Center.
- Take photos at the scene. Property owners have the incentive to remove any danger or hazard that might have led to a person’s injury. If you are physically able, use your cell phone to take photos of the scene of the accident, including the hazard that led to your fall. You should also take photos of any visible injuries to share with your attorney.
- Keep all bills and receipts. Record any expenses and keep receipts and bills that are directly related to your injury so you can share them with your attorney.
- Don’t speak with the insurance company. It’s likely that the property owner’s insurance company will contact you to hear about the details of your fall and discuss a settlement. These investigators are trained to find things that you say that give them justification for shifting some or all of the fault to you. Let your lawyer speak with insurance companies so they can demand full and fair compensation.
- Don’t post about your case on social media. Posting information about your accident, vacation pictures, parties, physical activity and more might give the insurance company information to use against you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Greenwood Slip and Fall Attorney Can Help You Today
If you or a loved one was injured on another party’s property during a slip and fall accident, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or through our online form. We’ll provide a free consultation to discuss your case with a slip and fall lawyer in Greenwood, SC.