A ride on a moped can quickly turn tragic due to the negligence of other drivers. If you were involved in a traffic accident while riding a moped, the moped accident lawyers from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help.
Our legal team understands how South Carolina personal injury laws work and knows how to fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Let a moped accident lawyer in Georgetown, SC, help protect your right to pursue compensation for your injuries.
You do not have to face the legal process on your own – ust focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
For a free legal consultation with a moped accidents lawyer serving Georgetown, call (888) 612-7001
At-Fault Parties in a Moped Accident
Determining who is at fault for your injuries can be complicated and will depend on how your accident occurred and who was involved in the accident. The most common at-fault parties include:
- Another driver: If another driver was driving while intoxicated, failed to follow traffic laws, or was distracted, they may be held liable for your injuries.
- A moped rental company: If the company you rented a moped from failed to maintain their equipment, they may be legally responsible for your injuries.
- A trucking company: If a commercial driver was driving drowsy, unlicensed, or had a history of accidents, their employer may be liable.
- A vehicle manufacturer: If a defective vehicle part caused the crash, the company that manufactured or installed it could be liable.
Georgetown Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How a Moped Accident Lawyer Serving Georgetown, SC, Can Help
Following your moped accident, you may be in pain, owe medical bills, and possibly even be unable to work due to your injuries. You are not alone.
A Georgetown, SC, moped accident lawyer who understands safety and registration laws for South Carolina moped drivers can help you in the following ways:
Calculate the Damages You May Recover
The amount of damages you may recover in your moped accident will depend upon the extent of your injuries and the details of your specific accident. Our moped accident lawyers will gather medical bills and calculate non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
Investigate Your Accident
The cause of your moped accident may not be apparent at first. Our legal team will investigate your accident to determine who was at fault. We will also gather evidence, such as medical reports, police incident reports, and eyewitness statements to build your case.
Keep You Informed About Your Case
When you chose George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you will have a caring advocate for your rights. We will keep you informed on the progress of your case, so you can focus on getting better.
Negotiate a Settlement
After we complete our investigation of your case, we will pursue compensation for your injuries. This may include negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company or taking your case to court.
Damages You May Recover in Your Moped Accident Claim
You may be eligible to recover a range of both economic and non-economic damages following your moped accident. The exact amount you can recover will depend upon the details of your accident; however, the most common damages include:
- Medical care costs: These damages may include ambulance transportation, ER care, emergency surgery, doctor’s visits, and testing.
- Long-term care costs: If you require daily assistance, you may be able to recover the cost of that care.
- Missing paychecks: If you missed work or lost out on pay due to your injuries, you may be able to recover those costs.
- Lost future wages: If your injury prevents you from working the same job or earning the same salary, you may be able to recover damages to cover the loss of future income for your family.
- Rehabilitation costs: If you experience a severe injury, you may need physical therapy or rehab to walk, drive, or perform daily activities.
- Personal property damage: You may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing your moped or other property destroyed in the accident.
- Pain and suffering: You may also be able to recover damages related to the pain you endured as a result of your injuries.
It is impossible to calculate the exact amount of damages you may be eligible for without speaking with you directly about the details of your case. But a moped accident attorney in Georgetown, SC, may be able to help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You May Be Eligible to File a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death claim allows the surviving family of a victim to recover compensation on behalf of their loved one. In the state of South Carolina, a parent, child, or spouse of a person who passed away may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death claim.
A wrongful death claim may allow you to recover the following types of damages.
- Funeral, cremation, and burial costs
- Medical bills accrued before the victim passed away
- Personal property and other financial losses caused by the accident
- Loss of companionship or parental care
- Loss of future wages of the victim
- Pain and suffering experienced by the family
Nothing can bring your loved one back, but a wrongful death claim can help ease the financial burden caused by your loved one’s death.
Contact Our Moped Accident Lawyers Serving Georgetown, SC, Today
If you or someone you love sustained injuries due to a moped accident, the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help. Contact our Georgetown, SC, moped accident lawyers today by phone or online to schedule a free case review.