If you suffered an injury in a Gaffney, South Carolina bus accident, we can help you go after compensation for your losses through a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim. Because government agencies own or operate many of the buses on the road, these accident cases can be complicated. In other situations, large corporations often own the buses.
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we have the knowledge and experience to handle lawsuits and insurance claims against liable parties.1 Our attorneys can explain the issues involved in getting the compensation you deserve.
A Gaffney bus accident attorney can help you pursue justice. Call our office today for a complimentary consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 888-612-7001
Why the Owner of the Bus Matters
Depending on whether a government agency or a private company owned or operated the bus that injured you, different laws and procedural rules will apply to your case. By way of explanation:
- If a private company owned or operated the bus that harmed you, the same rules and procedures will apply to the case as would apply in a standard car accident lawsuit. Tour buses, some shuttle companies, sightseeing excursions, and many private school transportation buses fall into this category.
- When a government agency owned or operated the bus involved in your accident, we might have different deadlines and different rules to follow. Public school districts and transit authorities usually fall into this category.
If you are not absolutely certain about who owned or operated the bus that injured you, contact a lawyer immediately. Cases that involve government agency-owned or operated buses fall under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act, which has a shorter deadline for filing lawsuits and claims than a standard car accident case would have. If you miss the deadline, the law will bar you forever from filing a lawsuit to collect damages.
Gaffney Bus Accidents Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
How We Handle Bus Accident Cases
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we conduct extensive investigations of every bus accident case that we handle. Every case is different because of unique facts, but some of the subjects we often investigate include:
- Liability for the accident. We want to know what caused the accident and what the act of negligence was, then we need to collect the evidence that proves those facts.
- Your financial losses. We need to establish the amount of your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and other economic losses.
- Permanent changes to your life. If you suffered significant harm, your life might not be the same as before.
- Non-economic damages. These losses can include things like pain and suffering, disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder “PTSD), loss of enjoyment of life, and your spouse’s loss of consortium.
Damages in Gaffney, SC Bus Accident Injury Cases
Our bus accident attorneys in Gaffney, SC cannot say how much compensation you are likely to collect without talking with you and investigating your bus accident claim. The amount you can get will depend on the facts of your case. When multiple people get hurt in the same accident, they seldom recover the same amount of money damages because their injuries will be different.
Here are some examples of the types of damages we win for our bus accident clients:
- Medical costs, which can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospital, x-rays, lab work, prescription drugs, surgery, and physical therapy
- Lost wages, for the pay you missed because of the accident and your recuperation time. This category can include salary, wages, self-employment, and other income
- Lost future wages, either because your injuries prevent you from making as much money as before or you cannot work to support yourself because of significant injuries
- Long-term care, if you need daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care
- Pain control, for prescription painkillers and pain management services
- Intangible losses, like pain and suffering, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and your spouse’s claim for loss of consortium
- Wrongful death, if your loved one lost her life because of the wreck
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Gaffney Bus Accident Lawyer Can Work to Prove Liability
We have to prove all three of these elements to hold the defendant responsible for your damages:
- Duty of care. The defendant must have owed you a duty of care. For example, the bus driver, like everyone who operates a motor vehicle on the road, has a legal obligation to obey the law when driving.
- Breach of the duty of care. It is negligence to fail to live up to a legal duty of care. If the bus driver was running late and he drove carelessly in an attempt to make up the time, he was negligent.
- Causation. The negligence must be what caused the accident and injuries.
How to Get Help with Your Injury Claim from a Bus Accident Attorney in Gaffney, SC
You can get a consultation and review of your injury case at no charge from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. A Gaffney bus accident attorney can help you go after the compensation that you deserve. Let us take care of your legal matters so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
We handle bus accident cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that you will not have to pay us upfront legal fees.* Our legal fees will come out of the settlement or award at the end.* Call us today to get a free consultation.