You have been hurt by a motorist while riding your bicycle. Beyond the fear and trauma of the accident itself, you may end up with significant injuries that not only will inflict pain, but also could keep you out of work for months or even indefinitely, posing a serious threat to your financial well-being.
It is essential to have a legal team by your side to help you recover from these and other damages brought on by a bicycle accident. Operators of bicycles, mopeds, and motorcycles have rights, many of which you may not know. A lawyer such as those who work for George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers knows your rights and can help you make decisions that best facilitate your need for compensation.
Call a member of our team today so that a bicycle accident lawyer serving Gaffney, South Carolina can get you started on the road to damage recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 888-612-7001
What You Should Do After a Bicycle Accident in Gaffney, SC
Standing amidst the chaos that follows a bicycle accident, you will likely feel overwhelmed by decisions of what to do, and in which order to do them.
See a doctor
After you are involved in a bicycle accident, it is vital that you check your body, even before you get up, for injuries. Make sure you do not witness broken bones or severe bleeding. Regardless of what you find, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Doing so will not only ensure you are okay but also help your bicycle accident case.
When dealing with cycling-related injuries, many people often feel like they are fine only to later realize they sustained serious injuries. Any injury can worsen if left unattended. The more your health suffers, the more work you might end up missing and the higher that stack of medical bills will rise.
It is not a good idea to jump back on your bike and ride as usual or take part in any other strenuous activities. For many that can mean staying out of work for several weeks or even months until they recover.
Avoid Discussing the Accident with Anyone Until You Have a Gaffney Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The things you say and do not say could wind up hindering your ability to recover damages from your bicycle accident. A good bicycle accident personal injury attorney knows what information can help or hurt you when shared and will guide you in this regard.
Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Gaffney to Represent You
If your injuries have caused you to miss work and your medical bills are piling up, you need to get compensation for your injuries and damages. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you get the money you deserve so you can remain financially stable while you heal from your injuries.
Gaffney Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
Types of Recoverable Damages in a Bicycle Accident
The legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you get the recoverable damages that you need to take care of your medical bills, loss of wages, and damages to your bike.
Common Medical Injuries from Bicycle Accidents
According to American Family Physician (AAFP), bicycle accident victims sustain most of their injuries in their upper or lower extremities. The next most common areas for injuries are the head, face, abdomen, thorax, and neck. Abrasions, lacerations, and other superficial trauma occur in most bicycle accidents. Here is AAFP’s list of common medical injuries from bicycle accidents:
- Skull fracture, concussion, brain contusion, intracranial hemorrhage
- Bruises, facial fractures, dental fractures, corneal foreign bodies
- Fractures, dislocation, strains
- Rib fractures, parenchymal lung injury
- Splenic rupture, hepatic laceration, renal contusion, pancreatic trauma, vascular perforation, small or large bowel contusion, rupture, traumatic hernia
- Urethral and vulval trauma, rectal trauma, pelvic fractures
- Abrasions (“road rash”), lacerations, contusions
Damages You Can Seek for Your Injuries with a Gaffney Bicycle Accident Attorney’s Help
A few of the recoverable damages for which our legal team will help you seek compensation include:
- Past, current, or future medical expenses, including any prescription drug expenses or hospital bills
- Past, current, or future loss of wages if the injury is severe enough to keep you out of work for an extended period
- Loss of future income or earning potential if the accident has left temporary or permanent damage
- Repairs or renovations you need to make to your home due to a temporary or permanent disability
- Replacement of your bike if it was damaged beyond repair
- Repair any damaged part of your bike, from the wheels to the frame and various components, like the brake levers and shifters (refrain from riding your bike until you have had time to give it a good look over).
- Repairs or replacement costs for other property damage
- In the case of the loss of a family member, you can pursue a wrongful death civil suit
You may also be eligible for other forms of compensation when you file a case with us here at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers we will be more than happy to help you figure out the details of your case and represent you in a court of law. Give us a call today for more information and find out how you can get a free consultation.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Gaffney, SC for Help
Our legal team has served the residents of South Carolina and helped them with their personal injury lawsuits for over 40 years1. Let a bicycle accident lawyer serving Gaffney, South Carolina help you get the financial compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, and expenses today by reaching out to us for legal representation.