Did you slip and fall on public or private property? Did the accident result in a visit to the emergency room and/or subsequent medical treatment with a personal physician or physical therapist? Did the incident cause you to miss time at work and lose wages? Do you feel stressed or worried about affording medical bills?
You may be entitled to compensation for your damages. A slip and fall lawyer in Florence, SC, from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover that compensation. It is important that you act swiftly to understand your rights.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Florence, call 843-474-2700
Factors that Determine a Slip and Fall Settlement in Florence, SC
Our slip and fall lawyers in Florence, SC, seek to answer three critical questions during our investigation of your premises liability claim:
- What party is ultimately responsible for the accident?
- Was the responsible party negligent?
- How did the responsible party cause the accident?
Locations of Slip and Fall Accidents
The property owner must warn visitors of any impending dangers and not ignore safety hazards. Failure to adhere to the law can result in liability for any injuries that occur. This is true regardless of whether the property is public or private.
Florence Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-474-2700
Popular Locations for Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. Common locations include:
- Public parks
- Public streets and sidewalks
- Shopping malls
- Retail businesses
- Grocery stores
- Sports stadiums and arenas
Common safety hazards include:
- Poorly lit areas that inhibit the ability to see hazards or roam freely
- Slippery surfaces caused by spills and failure to clean-up, water tracked in from outside after it rains or snows, or naturally slick surfaces such as tile or stone
- Ramps and staircases with broken or loose handrails or missing or damaged steps
- Cluttered hallways that block easy access or entrance to the grounds or present tripping hazards or falling hazards
- Uneven surfaces such as cracks in the sidewalk, potholes in the street, torn or bunched carpet, loose tiles, or damaged floorboards
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will represent your best interests throughout the claims process. We will fight on your behalf to receive fair compensation for avoidable injuries sustained on another’s property. Our law firm has successfully handled over 40,000 personal injury cases and is knowledgeable about slip and fall accidents.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries in Florence, SC
Basic injuries can become more harmful or painful over time. If you received any of the following injuries (or others not listed) as a result of a slip and fall accident that was not your fault, consult a lawyer immediately:
Common injuries of a slip and fall accident:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Lacerations or tissue damage
- Permanent scarring
- Chronic pain and suffering
- Pelvic injuries
- Head trauma (anything from headaches to concussions or migraines)
- Spinal cord damage
Millions of people each year suffer fatal slips and falls, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Florence slip and fall, our wrongful death lawyers can help you recover compensation for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How You Can Help With Your Case
Our Florence, SC, slip and fall attorneys are entirely committed to your premises liability claim. We will gather and complete all the necessary paperwork and ensure the timely filing of your claim. We will handle every aspect of your case; however, there are small things you can do to help your case:
- Document everything you know about the incident. At the scene, you may not have had the opportunity to take photos or jot down exactly what happened because you were injured. As soon as you receive treatment for injuries, take the time to record your actions leading up to the event and what you believe contributed to the fall.
- Be careful when speaking about your accident. Insurers will do what they can to avoid paying you the compensation you deserve. In many cases, this involves getting you to say or do something that jeopardizes your claim. If you receive a call from an insurer or another involved party, direct them to speak with our team.
Get Assistance From a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Florence, SC
Slip and fall accidents do occur on a regular basis. Unfortunately, too many victims confuse the details of the incident and assume complete responsibility, which is not always the case. In many circumstances, the property owner acted negligently and failed to adequately handle safety hazards that would have prevented the slip and fall.
Know your rights! A personal injury lawyer can help explain the complicated nature of the premises liability law in South Carolina. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has represented personal injury victims for over 40 years in Florence, SC, and other parts of the state.
To receive an initial free consultation, contact our slip and fall attorneys in Florence, SC, by phone or through our online form today. Victims of slip and fall cases only pay attorney fees after they receive compensation.