If you have been hurt on a job site but did not receive the benefits that you were entitled to, we can help. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers offers full legal services for victims of workplace accidents on construction sites. A construction accident lawyer in Bluffton, SC, can work with you to help you receive compensation for all your medical expenses and lost pay during your recovery.
We can go over your legal options, determine the benefits for which you may be eligible, and help you process your claim. We help victims like you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Bluffton, call (888) 612-7001
What to Do If You Were Injured in a Construction Accident
If you suffered injuries caused by a work-related accident, then inform your employer and apply for workers’ compensation immediately. According to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, you have 90 days to inform your employer of your injury. Otherwise, you may lose your eligibility to claim your compensation.
Keep accurate records and review all documents such as:
- Employer accident report
- Doctor accident report (they send to workers’ compensation administrator)
- Medical reports, bills, and receipts
- Records of lost pay
- Correspondence with insurance companies
There are other forms that you may want to go over with your attorney, such as Form 50 or Form 52 from the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. We can help you fill out these forms and submit all paperwork so that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
We are here to help you get the maximum benefit for your medical expenses, disability, or other work-related damages.
Bluffton Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Construction Accident Cases We Handle
Construction sites are hazardous environments. Therefore, employers must follow rigid safety codes to prevent accidents from happening. However, accidents still occur as a result of employer negligence or the careless actions of a coworker. These types of accidents include:
- Slips and falls
- Infection or illness due to toxic substances
- Heavy equipment and machinery accidents
- Defective tools
- Improper protection
- OSHA or local/state code violations
- Electrocution or burns
- Workplace violence
- Repetitive or unnatural movement
If you are the victim of these or similar accidents, then you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. A construction accident attorney in Bluffton, SC, can handle your case and work to get you the maximum benefit.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits to Which You May Be Entitled
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you determine what type of compensation you may be eligible for after your accident. In most cases, workers’ compensation insurance will cover the following:
You may require an ER visit, hospital stay, doctor appointments, surgical care, physical therapy, or prescriptions. Workers’ compensation will cover these costs.
Workers’ compensation may pay for a portion of your full income if you lost pay during your recovery.
Permanent Disability or Disfigurement
You may also be eligible for disability benefits if you are unable to work or have lost any future earning capacity.
You might also be able to hold a third party liable if they caused or contributed to your injuries. If we determine a party aside from your employer or a coworker was responsible for your injury, we can hold them liable with a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help You with Your Case
When it comes to workers’ compensation, there are several ways that an employer or the insurance company can cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars or even your job. A Bluffton, SC, construction accident lawyer can handle your case in the following ways:
- Protect your rights: Neither your employer nor their workers’ compensation insurer will be interested in protecting your rights. Your attorney, however, will work hard to defend your rights and interests.
- Establish your claim: Your lawyer may gather evidence and build your case to help you establish your claim. We can take on the insurance companies and negotiate a fair settlement that covers your expenses and financial losses.
- Expedite your payment on time: The insurance company may delay sending your payments. If so, our law firm can communicate with the insurance provider on your behalf to get you paid promptly.
- Help you get disability: The insurance company may be reluctant to pay disability or may even deny your claim. Or, they may offer a settlement that does not cover your expenses. We will represent you to get fair compensation to cover your disability costs and lost wages.
A Construction Accident Lawyer Is Here to Help You With Your Construction Accident Case
Whether you are filing a workers’ compensation claim or have recently been denied, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help you get a fair settlement for your claim. We have been helping dedicated employees just like you for over 40 years.
If you are ready to process your claim, a construction accident lawyer serving Bluffton, SC, can help you every step of the way. Call us today or fill out our online form and get a free case review.