Driving the wrong way on any roadway is a clear hazard to other motorists’ safety, and it may come as little surprise when a motorist driving in the wrong direction causes an accident. A collision involving a motorist traveling in the opposite of a road’s intended direction may:
- Cause a head-on collision
- Cause an accident with a pedestrian or bicyclist
- Result in serious injury or death
If you or a loved one are a victim of a motorist who caused an accident by driving the wrong way, a Savannah wrong way accident lawyer could help you pursue compensation. Call the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
A Wrong Way Driver May Cause a Head-On Collision
When a motorist travels in the wrong direction, one type of accident that they may cause is a head-on collision—after all, they are traveling in a lane intended for vehicles to go in the opposite direction. Head-on collisions are often the result of significant collisions of force going in completely opposite directions. This type of collision is particularly dangerous and may cause severe trauma to the body, serious injury, or death.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), head-on collisions account for approximately 10% of all fatal crashes. Because they are relatively rare, it may be safe to conclude that:
- Somebody who causes a head-on collision may be engaging in exceptionally negligent behavior.
- You may have grounds for additional compensation beyond the standard insurance payments for a less serious type of accident.
- The driver may have been impaired in one or more ways at the time of the collision.
A Savannah wrong way accident attorney may be able to assist you in determining any other types of negligence that may have contributed to your head-on accident.
Savannah Wrong Way Accidents Lawyer Near Me912-225-4600
A Wrong Way Driver May Be Reckless, Impaired, or Both
The consequences of a head-on collision can be deadly, and it is important to figure out the precise reasons why somebody drove the wrong way.
Some of the possible explanations for the actions of a wrong way driver may include:
- The driver is too elderly to drive safely, in which case they or others may be responsible for their decision and ability to drive.
- The driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time that they drove in the wrong direction. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that one of every three traffic deaths in the United States involves a drunk driver.
- Road signage was unclear or confusing, in which case those responsible for installing or updating road signs could be responsible for your losses.
- The driver who caused your accident had an impairment, such as legal blindness, that should have precluded them from driving a motor vehicle.
- The driver willfully ignored the rules of the road, knowingly driving in the wrong direction despite being aware that it was an illegal maneuver.
If you ultimately decide to bring a lawsuit against one or more parties responsible for causing your accident, a wrong way accident lawyer in Savannah can investigate all types of negligence that contributed to your accident and injuries. Call the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!912-225-4600
When Insurance Falls Short
While insurance may be a viable option for compensation for some victims of car accidents, this is not always the case. If you were injured or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident caused by a wrong way driver, these situations may occur:
- The at-fault driver may not have an active insurance policy.
- The at-fault driver’s insurance policy may not provide adequate compensation to cover your losses.
- You may want to pursue damages beyond insurance coverage because the driver put you at an extreme, negligent risk of harm by driving the wrong way.
Whatever your motivation for considering or pursuing a lawsuit may be, a Savannah wrong way accident lawyer may be able to assist you through every step of the legal process. In your initial meetings, a lawyer or their team may:
- Collect the basic facts of your accident
- Help you identify those who may be defendants in a lawsuit
- Explain the various options for pursuing compensation which may be available to you or your loved one
Should you choose to proceed with a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, then your lawyer may:
- Obtain any evidence already in your possession
- Obtain any evidence that you do not have but is available, which could include police reports, medical records, and witness accounts
- Conduct further investigation in search of additional evidence that may be helpful to your lawsuit
- Conduct further interviews to find additional testimony of the defendants’ negligent actions
- Write and file your lawsuit
- Handle all other legal paperwork needed to complete your lawsuit
- Make in-person legal appearances on your behalf
- Protect your rights
- Calculate and seek compensation for your losses
- Aim to prove the negligence of defendants in your case
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Possible Types of Compensation
Your lawyer’s goal is likely to be collecting the compensation that you may deserve for your accident-related losses. These losses could include:
- Income you have not earned because of your injuries
- Physical harm
- Emotional or psychological harm
- Medical expenses caused by your accident
- The cost of rehabilitation
- Any additional losses stemming from an accident caused by a wrong way driver
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury lawyers can help you seek the compensation you deserve, so you can focus on getting better. We are here to help you handle all the legal aspects of pursuing compensation after a wrong way accident.
Call the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details about how a Savannah wrong way accident lawyer can work for you.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?912-225-4600