A driver may be held responsible for the state of their tires. If their tire malfunctions, whether due to a blowout or another type of defect, they may be responsible for any resulting accident. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident caused by a tire blowout, you might be entitled to compensation for the damages you suffered.
A Savannah tire blowout accident attorney may advise you on your legal options and help you pursue compensation. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a tire blowout accidents lawyer serving Savannah, call 912-225-4600
Motorists Must Ensure the Quality of Their Tires
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides information for people who want to ensure they are maintaining safe tires at all times. Some considerations that motorists may want to keep in mind include:
- The nature of the surface that you will be driving on
- The temperature and climate in regions where you will be driving
- The size of tire that your vehicle calls for
Aside from the appropriate type of tire for your vehicle, motorists should monitor several features of their tire, including:
- The amount of tread that is on each tire, as having too little tread could contribute to an accident
- The amount of pressure in a tire, as having too much or too little pressure may contribute to an accident
- Any flaws that may be present in a tire
- The overall condition and age of each tire
Drivers who notice possible defects in their tires may have a responsibility to:
- Have a professional mechanic check the state of their tire
- Inflate or deflate their tire to a safe level of pressure
- Replace any tires that could increase the risk that a blowout may occur and that an accident could result
According to the journal Traffic Injury Prevention, tire blowouts:
- May be more dangerous if they occur in the vehicle’s rear tires, as this may cause greater difficulty controlling the vehicle after a blowout occurs
- Could result if motorists, especially those who drive front-wheel-driving vehicles, replace their front tires and neglect rear tires
- May be caused in some cases by a failure to rotate tires properly
If drivers fail to ensure that each of their vehicle’s tires is in good condition before driving, they might put themselves and others at risk of suffering a serious injury that could be fatal.
If you believe that an accident involving you or a loved one was caused in part or completely by a tire-related incident, then a Savannah tire blowout accident attorney may be able to serve you. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about a lawyer’s services.
Tire Blowouts May Cause Accidents and Injuries
According to the 2012 crash statistics report from the NHTSA, tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) were introduced to vehicles after a 2003 NHTSA report found that the following statistics occurred on an annual basis:
- 414 deaths related to tire-related vehicle accidents
- 10,275 injuries caused by tire-related accidents
- 78,392 total accidents involving a flat tire or tire blowout
These figures showed the direct threat that failure to maintain safe tires could pose. However, though modern cars may have TPMS, there are plenty of drivers using vehicles made before this standard was put in place by the NHTSA.
Possible outcomes of an accident caused by a tire blowout may include:
- Property damage
If you are injured in an accident caused by a tire blowout, then you may:
- Face a significant period of hospitalization, complete demobilization, or limited physical motion
- Be subject to a permanent disability
- Face extreme harm to your emotional and psychological health
- Face direct financial costs caused by a diagnosis of and treatment for your injuries
Additional losses that you may suffer due to your injuries could include:
- Loss of income for an indefinite period if your injuries prevent you from working or restrict the hours that you are able to work
- Restriction of physical activities that you are able to complete
- Restriction of opportunities that you are able to pursue
- Unwanted changes in your relationships with others
- A lengthy period of rehabilitation
- Permanent changes in the way that you live your life
Should you choose to, contacting a law firm could be the first step you take in seeking any compensation that you may be entitled to.
Savannah Tire Blowout Accidents Lawyer Near Me912-225-4600
Speak With Our Legal Team for Help
A law firm may help you seek compensation and may do so through several individual steps. Some duties that you may expect your lawyer to handle may include:
- Communicating with insurance companies to see if a sufficient financial settlement is possible
- Initiating a lawsuit if an insurance settlement does not provide what you consider to be fair compensation for your losses
- Collecting evidence pertaining to your accident, and specifically negligence that led to a tire malfunction and your accident
- Documenting your injuries and other losses you have sustained from your accident
- Calculating the amount of compensation that your losses may entitle you to collect
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or, if negotiations are not successful, at trial
- Defending your rights
- Handling any appeals process that proves necessary
A lawyer may take on your lawsuit so that:
- You can focus on recovery
- You can mourn the passing of your loved one if you are bringing a wrongful death lawsuit
- You do not have to fight for compensation on your own
You may find a lawyer particularly helpful if you have not practiced law before. If you do not have much time to dedicate toward bringing a lawsuit on your own or believe that bringing a lawsuit on your own could add additional stress, you may enlist the services of a lawyer to take on your case.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may be able to lead your lawsuit. Focus on getting better and leave the rest to us. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more detail about how a tire blowout accident lawyer in Savannah may help you pursue compensation.