You may find yourself in a position where you anticipate and reasonably expect your insurance to cover certain losses, only to find that your insurance company is giving you pushback. In instances like these, it may be in your interest to speak with a legal team to help protect your rights and, hopefully, obtain the insurance compensation that you may be entitled to.
A Savannah insurance claims lawyer can help you negotiate with an insurance company and defend your rights from attempts to violate them. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today at (912) 225-4600 for a free consultation about your insurance claim.
For a free legal consultation with a insurance claims lawyer serving Savannah, call 912-225-4600
Understanding When Your Insurance Should Cover You
You may be able to purchase insurance for any number of assets, from your own health to your home and automobile. Some of the types of insurance that currently exist and may be the root of your claim issue include:
- Health insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Life insurance
- Renters insurance
- Liability insurance (which may be part of another policy type)
- Automotive insurance
- Travel insurance
The list of potential types of insurance can go on indefinitely, as various insurers may cater to the most niche of insurance needs. Regardless of the type of insurance that has resulted in a claim issue for you or your loved one, you can expect the general insurance process to go as follows:
- You pay your monthly, quarterly, or bi-annual insurance premiums on time and in full.
- You pay those premiums regardless of whether you need to use your insurance or not.
- When an event occurs that requires you to utilize your insurance policy, the amount of coverage that you have paid for should be there to cover your losses.
This general process is how insurance should work, but you may find that it is not necessarily how your insurance will work. Specifically, you could face issues when attempting to obtain the reimbursement you need after an incident that you believe should trigger insurance coverage.
Savannah Insurance Claims Lawyer Near Me912-225-4600
How Insurance Coverage Is Determined
The type and amount of coverage that you should be entitled to, and the events that may trigger such coverage, are often determined by:
- Coverage limits as determined by your policy
- The deductible amount for your insurance policy
- Any clauses in your policy which may preclude you from receiving coverage
- The term that your insurance policy covers (which may determine whether your coverage is active at the time of the incident in question)
- Whether you documented the presence and value of any items that may have been affected
There may be a lengthy list of variables within your policy which could affect coverage and may be used as the impetus—justly or not—for an insurance company to deny your claim or issue an inadequate amount of coverage.
A Savannah insurance claims lawyer may be able to help with any claim that is causing you distress, or that you believe has been handled improperly. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today at (912) 225-4600 for a free consultation about a problematic insurance claim.
Possible Insurance Company Tactics
Attempting to procure fair compensation from an insurance company may be easier said than done. The insurance industry is a massive one. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), insurance carriers contributed nearly $630 billion to the American economy in 2019 alone.
The U.S. auto insurance industry is also one of the biggest in the world, generating approximately $285 billion in revenue in 2019. It is probably safe to say that insurance companies have greater resources at their disposal than you do, which may allow them to:
- Hire expensive lawyers
- Hire many lawyers
- Take a long-term approach to your claim, especially if it can potentially save them money
- Put profits over policyholders
Understanding the possible sources of delay when attempting to collect compensation from an insurance claim can help you be more aware of when an insurance company is implementing questionable or nefarious tactics against you. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau lists several factors that may determine how long it takes to complete your claim, including:
- The nature of the event triggering your claim
- The extent of any damage relevant to your claim
- Any timelines set by Georgia state law that insurance companies must follow in the claims process
- How long an insurance company takes to send an adjuster, complete a claims review, and offer or deny compensation
Being aware of these variables and questioning your insurance company within the context of your claim can help you determine if you are being dealt with in good faith. Some possible insurance company tactics that may cause alarm include:
- Denying your claim outright, with what seems to be an invalid reason
- Offering compensation that is not adequate or fair, in hopes that you will accept a quick settlement offer instead of waiting for more substantial compensation
- Employing various stalling techniques, which may be intended to pressure you into accepting a low-ball compensation offer
- Any other tactics that are intended to deprive you of the coverage that you may deserve
If you have any issues with an insurance claim, a Savannah insurance claims lawyer can help you fight for the coverage that you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Legal Advice About Your Insurance Claim Today
A Savannah insurance claims lawyer with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can:
- Advise you on various insurance company tactics
- Help fight those tactics through legal means
- Assess your policy
- Negotiate with your insurance company
- Seek the compensation you deserve
- Defend your rights
Call the legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today at (912) 225-4600 to learn more about how a Savannah insurance claims lawyer can assist you in fighting for the insurance coverage you may deserve.