George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is a client-centered firm that helps car accident claimants pursue compensation. Our Savannah car accident lawyers can investigate your collision, gather evidence, and negotiate a settlement with the liable insurer.
We also provide our help on a contingency-fee basis, so you only pay our attorney’s fees if your case is successful.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Savannah, call 912-225-4600
We Offer Free Case Reviews to Injured Claimants in Georgia
During your free case review, you can explore:
- The value of your case
- Our previous outcomes
- How we can build and manage your case
- Our contingency-fee arrangement
- The benefits of partnering with our firm
We’re available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can even visit you at home or in the hospital (if that’s more convenient for you).
Savannah Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me912-225-4600
We’re Ready to Pursue These Damages Following Your Collision in Chatham County
We will calculate your case’s value based on your injury-related billing statements, invoices, and receipts. Compensation in your case may include:
We will consult your medical team to learn about your diagnosis, prognosis, and necessary treatments. Financial recovery can account for:
- Emergency transportation
- Emergency medical treatment
- Treatment from doctors and specialists
- Medical testing
- Assistive devices
- Physical therapy
Your injuries may have caused you to miss time from work. We can pursue the financial value of lost:
- Hourly wages
- Employee benefits
- Promotional opportunities
We can also seek the cost of vocational training if you cannot return to your previous job.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering pays for your physical and emotional trauma. There’s no set value for this expense, so we will consider the following when calculating this loss:
- Your age
- Your mobility
- Your missed time from work
- The severity of your condition
- The days in your recovery period
- Whether you suffered a long-term disability
We may also consider the outcome of cases similar to yours.
Property Damage Expenses
We can pursue the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle, as well as the cost of rideshare expenses.
Our Lawyers Will Provide These Services Following Your Motor Vehicle Accident
To secure compensation, our team will:
- Conduct an investigation
- Document all aspects of your case
- Identify the at-fault party (or parties)
- Establish liability
- Build the strongest possible case
- File your claim
- Fight for a fair settlement
We hope to resolve your case through an insurance settlement. However, if a settlement isn’t possible, we won’t hesitate to pursue your case in a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Prove Your Case’s Required Elements
We must prove that another party’s actions caused your accident. Most collisions are caused by human error, so chances are, another motorist caused your accident. To hold them financially accountable, we must prove:
- Duty of care. The other party had an obligation to act reasonably and protect you from harm.
- Breach of duty. The other party violated their duty of care by acting carelessly or recklessly.
- Causation. The other party caused your accident.
- Damages. The accident caused you to incur medical bills, lost income, and other collision-related damages.
We Will Use Evidence to Prove Your Case’s Required Elements
Supporting evidence in your case may comprise:
- The police report from Chatham County
- Witness statements
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Medical records
- Wage and income statements
You might already have some of these items. We recommend giving them to your lawyer. If you don’t have these items, don’t worry – we can obtain them for you.
Our Lawyers Are Ready to Answer Your Questions
We understand that you have many questions about the financial recovery process. While you consider your legal options, here are some questions we can answer right now:
When Should You Call a Lawyer After an Accident?
Ideally, you want to call a car accident lawyer in Savannah as soon as possible after your accident. Even if you think it was only a minor fender-bender, you’ll be surprised at how beneficial it can be to have an experienced attorney on your side.
However, some situations can be more drastic than others. If your crash resulted in serious injuries or death, you’ll want to call 911 first to get EMS on the scene. A lawyer can’t rush to the scene immediately, so you’ll want to take a few steps to gather as much evidence, information, and witness statements as possible before calling a lawyer.
Similarly, some accidents can be more complex than others. When fault isn’t clear, there’s confusion over liability, if city property was damaged, or the accident occurred in a construction or school zone, things can get messy. You’ll want to get a lawyer on the phone ASAP.
In any event, you still don’t want to delay speaking to a car accident lawyer. They will need time to evaluate the merits of your case and take the next steps, which typically include:
- An accident investigation
- Finding expert witnesses and reconstructionists
- Gathering evidence
- Calculating your damages
- Negotiating with insurers
- Taking your case to court if necessary
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident in Georgia?
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to determine the average settlement for a car accident in Georgia. Not all car accidents are the same, and neither are the injuries. Each case is unique and requires investigating the circumstances surrounding them to arrive at a settlement value. Several factors can come into play that could affect what you stand to receive in a settlement.
Most notably, South Carolina’s fault laws will significantly influence your settlement value. The state follows a modified comparative negligence law, which means if you were more than 50% at fault for the accident, you will not receive compensation. If it’s determined that you were 20% at fault for your accident, you stand to receive 80% of your damages.
Other factors that could play into your settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries. Minor injuries might heal in a few weeks and not require as much medical attention. Severe injuries could have long-term impacts that require months or years of rehabilitation, assisted living devices, surgery, hospital stays, and recurring doctor visits.
- If the other driver has insurance. You will likely deal with the other driver’s insurance company if they were at fault for your accident. But if they’re uninsured, you’ll be dealing with your own. An at-fault driver without insurance won’t have the resources to cover your damages. They might also be underinsured if their liability policy is below the total value of your damages, making them personally liable for the difference.
- Whether the other driver disputes liability or not. If the other driver fails to accept responsibility and instead points the finger at you, things can get messy between insurance companies and what they might offer as a settlement. The question of comparative fault comes into play, and both sides will investigate. This is when it’s critical to have a car accident lawyer on your side.
What Happens If the Insurer Denies My Claim?
If the insurer denies your claim, we can:
- Present the insurer with more evidence
- Review the liable policy
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Assert your right to damages
- Negotiate a fair settlement
Even after these measures, if the insurer won’t extend a fair offer, we can prepare for trial.
How Long Will It Take to Settle My Case?
Without reviewing your situation, we don’t know how long it’ll take to reach a settlement. Your case’s progression depends on:
- The value of your losses
- The evidence supporting your case
- The liable insurance policy
- Your injuries and expected recovery period
- The insurer’s willingness to settle
We will provide you with timely updates during our partnership. That way, you always know what’s going on with your case.
What Sets George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Apart From Other Georgia Law Firms?
Our veteran-founded law firm has over 40 years of experience. During that time, we’ve resolved over 40,000 cases. We’ve also been featured on NBC, CBS, and ABC.
We want you to feel confident in your decision to work with us. We encourage you to check out our client testimonials to learn more about our law firm’s commitment.
What Causes Car Accidents?
As noted, driver error causes about 98 percent of all collisions, per the U.S. General Services Administration. These errors include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Tired or fatigued driving
- Illegal turns
- Failure to yield
- Failure to observe traffic signs and laws
- Road debris or obstructions
- Roadway construction
- Impaired visibility
Our lawyers in Savannah can manage your case, regardless of what caused your collision.
What Types of Car Accidents Does Our Law Firm Handle?
We manage cases involving the following collisions:
- Multiple car crashes
- Single-car crashes
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact (T-bone) crashes
Even if you don’t see your accident type listed here, we can still manage your case.
Get a Free Case Review with Our Team in Savannah, GA
Our team is standing by to take your call. We encourage you to ask us anything about your case. We want you to focus on getting better and leave the rest to us. To connect with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, dial (912) 225-4600.