A boating accident in Savannah is a great way to relax, but if the parties responsible for operating the boat don’t pay proper attention, it can result in severe injuries. These injuries can result in expensive medical bills that can add to the stress of the situation.
A boating crash could be the outcome of negligence by one or more individuals, regardless of what type of vessel you or your loved one suffered an injury on. Our boating accident lawyers can assist you with the legal process.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
What Is Considered a Boat Crash?
The term “boat” can cover many vessels, so boating accidents could occur during various activities involving various vessel types. The General Services Administration (GSA) states that the following vessels can be involved in a boat crash:
- Personal watercraft (PWCs), which are commonly referred to as jet-skis
- Small boats, which generally include boats 25 feet long or shorter
- Medium-sized boats, which include those measuring between 25 and 45 feet long
- Large boats, which generally range between 45 and 65 feet long
- Commercial service boats
- Cruise ships
Savannah Boat Accidents Lawyer Near Me912-225-4600
How Does a Boat Crash Cause Injuries?
The size, weight, and speed of boats, are major factors in boat crashes, and they don’t just lead to minor injuries. Depending on the nature in which you were using a boat, you or your loved one may be a boat crash victim who sustained an injury from:
- Participating in recreational boating activities, the United States Coast Guard reports that 4,439 recreational boating accidents resulted in 658 deaths and 2,641 injuries in 2021.
- Being an employee on an unsafe vessel or a vessel that became unsafe because of the actions of one or more individuals.
- Traveling on a cruise ship where unsafe conditions were present.
- Being struck by a vessel.
- The dangerous acts of boat operators while steering the boat or another type of vessel.
These are just a few examples of behavior that could qualify as negligence. This could entitle you or your loved ones to collect compensation if you were a boat crash victim that was injured or suffered losses because of the negligent actions of one or more individuals. There may also be several other conditions under which you could get injured in a maritime setting.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!912-225-4600
Negligent Behavior While Boating Can Cause Great Harm
For a behavior to be defined as negligent, it must show a disregard for the safety of the boat’s passengers and other people who may be in the water. Some of the most common acts of negligence on the water can be the result of the following:
- Intoxication or drug use by somebody responsible for others’ safety, such as the boat operators.
- Negligence by those in charge of general safety on a cruise ship or commercial vessel.
- Aggressive or otherwise dangerous boating behaviors by those in charge of others’ safety on any vessel.
Some specific behaviors that can qualify as negligence on the water may include:
- Reckless operation or aggressive or otherwise dangerous driving when pulling somebody, such as a water skier, wakeboarder, or tube rider, behind a boat.
- Failing to ensure that occupants of a cruise ship are protected from preventable sources of harm, such as potential illness, slipping hazards, dangerous, damaged boat parts, or burn hazards.
- Knowingly bringing passengers into dangerous boating conditions, such as a storm.
- Being intoxicated while operating any type of water vessel.
- Driving an unregistered vessel, the Georgia Department of Revenue states that all boats and watercraft must be registered to be operated legally.
These and other unreasonable risks can result in a boat collision with personal injuries, illness, psychological and physical trauma, or even cause a deadly boating accident.
Those whose actions put others’ health at risk may be held liable through criminal and civil courts, and our boating accident lawyers serving Savannah can help you seek the compensation you are entitled to.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How Can a Boating Accident Attorney Help?
Our attorneys have access to hundreds of resources that we can use to help your potential boating crash case. An attorney can provide information about your boating accident that you are not yet aware of, such as:
- The law that governs the location where your boat accident occurred, such as the distance from shore, could be important.
- The implications of any waivers you may have signed for an activity that led to your personal injuries.
- General liability as it pertains to the circumstances of your injuries or your loved one’s death.
An Accident Attorney Can Help You Understand Your Case
An accident attorney can help you understand the following:
- Whether you can collect compensation through insurance or any other non-litigation means.
- Whether they believe that you may have grounds to bring a lawsuit based on negligence or another type of wrongdoing.
- Who they believe may be responsible for the harm that you or your loved one have sustained.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer Can Negotiate Your Settlement or File a Lawsuit
If you choose to move forward with an attorney’s services, they can:
- Speak with relevant insurance companies to negotiate a settlement that you find acceptable.
- Provide advice on whether insurance will result in the compensation you need or deserve or whether a lawsuit may be a more viable route to potential compensation.
- Draft and file your boating accident lawsuit.
- Collect and organize evidence that shows you were the victim of negligence.
- Consult experts in fields relevant to boating accidents.
- Obtain and organize witness testimony.
- Negotiate a settlement.
- Take your lawsuit to trial if need be.
- Protect your rights.
A lawyer for boat accident victims can fight for compensation for any losses you suffered from your boating accident, including medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Contact the Office of a Savannah Boat Accident Lawyer Today
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a boating accident, then a Savannah boat accident lawyer can help you determine if you have a boat crash case and are eligible for compensation. We’re dedicated to getting you the resultsyou deserve, and we don’t stop fighting until we’ve won.
Call our team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation – focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?912-225-4600