If you or your loved one has experienced similar incidents of nursing home abuse or neglect, it’s time to contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. Our free initial consultation does not obligate you to take any action with a nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer in Port Royal, SC, but it does provide you with valuable information about your elder’s legal rights.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Often, seniors are too afraid of their perpetrator or ashamed to make a complaint about abuse or neglect they’ve endured. Other times, the elder may not have the mental capacity to speak out. That’s why educating yourself on what constitutes abuse or neglect is so important.
- Physical abuse: Any physical force imposed on an individual, such as hitting, shaking, or pinching in addition to applying inappropriate means to restrain.
- Sexual abuse: Nonconsensual sex abuse could involve forcing the elder to undress, watching others, or actual intercourse.
- Psychological or emotional abuse: Insults, humiliation, intimidation, and social isolation represent aspects of verbal or nonverbal emotional abuse.
- Financial exploitation or abuse: Taking another’s property without consent, such as items, funds, or legal titles.
- Neglect: Mismanagement of a patient’s basic needs of hygiene, clothing, shelter, nourishment, or medication.
Port Royal Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Identifying Signs of Abuse and Neglect
In order to keep your loved one comfortable and healthy, it’s imperative that you recognize the symptoms of abuse and neglect. Trusting your instincts is one of the best preventative measures you can take; however, knowing what to look for provides you with critical evidence that changes need to be made.
- Physical abuse: Unexpected irritability or apprehension, cuts, broken bones, bruises, or restraint marks.
- Sexual abuse: Sudden infections, breast, genitalia, or thigh bruising.
- Emotional abuse: Depression or listlessness, apprehension, withdrawal from activities, rocking back and forth.
- Financial abuse: Sudden changes in bank accounts or missing items and cash.
- Neglect: Surprising weight loss or dehydration, untreated bedsores, improper hygiene.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
What to Do When You Suspect Abuse or Neglect
Whether your senior is in immediate danger, or you suspect they have been the victim of abuse or neglect, immediate action should be taken.
The Situation Is an Emergency
When your loved one is in immediate need of assistance, don’t hesitate to call 911. Emergency providers are qualified to stabilize the senior in preparation for transport to a hospital.
The Situation Is a Non-Emergency
Even in a non-emergency situation, your loved one’s care and health are of the utmost importance. You may take these steps to prepare for removing them from the unhealthy environment.
- Communicate with your loved one or other coherent patients, when possible, to verify details about the event(s).
- Photograph injuries and document circumstances that indicate injury or neglect.
- Organize the documentation.
- Write a formal letter to the administrator of the nursing home and send it by certified mail.
- File a complaint with South Carolina Adult Protective Services in Beaufort County at 1- 843-255-6143.
- File a complaint with local law enforcement.
- Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to speak with a Port Royal nursing home abuse and neglect attorney.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Can Assist You
Don’t hesitate to contact the personal injury lawyers at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers when you suspect nursing home abuse or neglect in the Port Royal, South Carolina area. One of our caring attorneys is interested in your unique situation. If your loved one passed away due to nursing home abuse, you may be eligible to recover a payout through a wrongful death action.
We are available for a free initial consultation. A nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer serving Port Royal, SC, can arrange to meet at one of our offices in the area, or we can come to you if transportation is an issue.
While our history of recovery is indicative of our dedication and knowledge of nursing home abuse and neglect, it does not guarantee the results of your case. What our lawyers do provide is a solid commitment to aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available for you.
We would never suggest that any dollar amount could replace your loved one or make up for the suffering they endured but holding the wrongdoers legally liable for the damage they’ve caused is one way to ensure they don’t do it again. Your loved one also deserves recovery of expenses and restitution for their pain.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001