Some vacations and business trips require the use of a rental car. In general, as a car renter, you must return the vehicle without any damage. As such, a rental car accident can leave you grappling with medical expenses and other issues, including repair costs.
Reach out to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for legal assistance if you or a loved one was injured by another party’s negligence. Accidents involving rental cars may involve the rental car company’s insurance. These claims can be complex, but our attorneys will walk you through the steps.
For a free legal consultation with a rental car accidents lawyer serving North Charleston, call (888) 612-7001
How a North Charleston Rental Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
A car rental company expects you to return the vehicle in the same condition in which you rented it. However, accidents involving rental cars are less straightforward than those that could occur while driving a car that you own.
There are many parties involved, such as different insurers, contracts, and companies. You might find it helpful to have guidance from a lawyer to help navigate the murky legalities these cases can involve.
A legal team can guide you on the proper ways of handling various insurance processes, such as:
- Personal accident insurance (PAI) – Personal accident insurance coverage is similar to personal injury protection (PIP) and covers medical expenses if you are a driver or passenger in a rented car.
- Supplemental liability insurance (SLI) or supplemental liability protection (SLP) – This coverage policy protects you from liability while using the car rental. Should another person bring a personal injury claim against you for injuries related to your use of the vehicle, the SLP or SLI pays on your behalf.
- Personal effects coverage (PEC) – The policy offers insurance coverage for anything you transport in the rented car, such as luggage, personal items, and electronics.
- Loss damage waiver (LDW) or collision damage waiver (CDW) – This coverage caters to financial responsibility if the rental vehicle is involved in an accident. It can also cover the costs you incur when the rented car is under repair, stolen, or any other situation renders you unable to use the vehicle.
- Credit card insurance – This kind of insurance is also known as balance protection insurance. It covers your monthly income if you cannot work due to unforeseen circumstances, such as when you are injured in a car accident.
To get the maximum compensation you deserve, a North Charleston rental car accident lawyer will consider all the relevant insurance policies. Furthermore, a lawyer can also help you correctly estimate the compensation amount and pursue your claim while you are still at the hospital receiving treatment for your injuries.
North Charleston Rental Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Compensation After a Rental Car Accident
If you are involved in a rental car accident due to someone else’s negligence or intentional actions, your lawyer could help you seek reparations from the at-fault parties. You can also get the compensation you deserve through the insurance plans you purchased when you rented the car. Your existing insurance plan may be among the ways through which you can receive the payment.
Moreover, if you feel the amount you received via insurance plans is not adequate, you can pursue other legal means, including litigation.
Your potential entitlements following a rental car accident can include:
- Medical costs, for example, hospitalization, prescription drugs, ongoing tests, rehabilitative therapy, and out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages
- Lost income because of missed time at work
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Determining the correct monetary value of your losses is the first step toward getting the fair compensation you deserve.
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we can help you determine both economic and noneconomic losses after an accident. Contact us now at (843) 628-0100 for help with the correct valuation of your losses and other forms of legal counsel.
Considering Optional Rental Car Insurance
Ask yourself: Is your car insurance enough to cover all unforeseen contingencies while using a rental vehicle? No rational driver expects to cause an accident, which is why insurance covers protect us from unexpected losses. However, you might need to carry extra financial burdens if your insurance coverage is insufficient.
Therefore, you may need extra rental car insurance in several situations, such as:
- When your current policy does not include a comprehensive and collision insurance plan
- When you want to stay safe
- When you have a personal insurance plan but not a business (commercial) policy
- When you cannot comfortably manage the deductible
- When you want to avoid the risk of a high deductible
- When you are unsure about your insurance policy limits
- When you intend to use a rental car outside of the United States
If you need help with choosing the best insurance add-on or advice on the steps to take after a rental car accident, you could seek the assistance of a North Charleston rental car accident lawyer to help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Holding the Rental Car Company Liable for Your Injuries
Sometimes, you can unknowingly rent a vehicle that has safety defects. If you can prove a rental company gave you a car that was unsafe or not well-maintained and that such factors caused your car accident, you could bring a personal injury claim against the company that owns the vehicle.
According to the law, a rental car company is liable for your injuries if they rented you a vehicle with safety defects.
Seek Compensation Through George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
If you are interested in taking legal action after your rental car accident, you could get in touch with a personal injury lawyer for guidance. An attorney can help you fight for fair compensation from your insurance coverage(s).
Your North Charleston rental car accident lawyer can help minimize your suffering by pursuing a compensation claim on your behalf or filing your lawsuit in court, if necessary. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.