If you were in a reckless driving accident in North Charleston, SC call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers as soon as you are able. Do not accept to bear the pain and financial burden resulting from someone else’s recklessness on the road. A North Charleston reckless driving accident lawyer can help you seek justice.
Our law firm can help you with all the essential processes, including:
- Determining the dollar value of your medical expenses
- Putting a value on your non-medical financial costs, such as car repair or hiring services you need for daily transportation and childcare
- Claiming punitive damages
- Pursuing wrongful death damages
- Establishing negligence and assigning liability
- Planning the legal action to take – whether to accept an insurance settlement or take the matter to court
We can help you seek fair compensation that comprehensively covers all injuries you suffered because of a reckless driver’s actions.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving North Charleston, call (888) 612-7001
How a North Charleston Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Proves Your Claim
According to South Carolina’s Code 56-5-2920, reckless driving is a case where a driver operates a vehicle with wanton or willful disregard of the safety of other people’s lives or property.
To validate your claim, our lawyers will try to prove that the at-fault driver was reckless through factors such as:
- Weaving through traffic
- Failing to use signal turns
- Excessive speeding
- Illegal overtaking, for example, on a blind curve or double yellow line
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Missing back-up signals
- Distracted driving, for example, reading or sending emails and text messages while driving
- Driving while impaired
- Operating unsafe vehicles, for example, an overloaded or unmaintained truck
As a victim of a reckless driver, it is within your legal right to seek monetary compensation. The at-fault party can be the other driver or other parties whose actions or lack thereof contributed to your injuries.
Navigating the legal process is not always easy. An attorney can handle all aspects of your case while you and your family focus on healing.
North Charleston Reckless Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Common Injuries Resulting from Reckless Driving
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we believe that victims of reckless driving accidents should make at-fault parties pay for their carelessness and negligence. A reckless driver can cause financial, physical, and emotional pain to other innocent road users.
According to Mayo Clinic, some of the injuries of car accident victims can change the rest of their lives. Typical harms resulting from the actions of a reckless driver include:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as severe sprains, cuts, and lacerations
- Orthopedic injuries, such as fractured bones
Some of these injuries are expensive to treat, so a lawyer can help you pursue full and fair compensation. A lawyer will defend your interests in negotiations with the insurance companies. Without an expert legal team on your side, insurance adjusters can offer you less than what you deserve for settlement.
Speak With a Lawyer Before Anyone Else
Do not accept to attend a meeting with the at-fault insurer to discuss your compensation without your lawyer. Although the law allows you to pursue personal injury claims on your own, having legal representation on your side can help you concentrate on what is important like taking care of your family.
Keep in mind that insurance adjusters work to protect the rights of their companies, not yours. After all, an insurance company stays in business when it accumulates premiums, not when it settles claims. A North Charleston reckless driving accident lawyer can help by negotiating with the insurance companies.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Steps to Take If You Are a Victim of Reckless Driving
If you take the right measures after an accident involving reckless driving, you or your lawyer can build a strong case to support your claim. The crucial steps to take include:
- Collecting evidence – Gather any photos or video footage of the accident scene.
- Collect relevant information from the reckless driver – Take the at-fault driver’s name, insurance details, address, phone number, and license details.
- Take witness statements – If there are reliable and neutral people who can confirm the allegations you level against the reckless driver, it can strengthen your case. Take the witnesses’ names, addresses, phone numbers, and other relevant information.
- Call the police – The police report on the accident can also help validate your claim.
- Do not accept liability – Avoid making offers to pay for the other driver’s treatment if they have suffered injuries too. Do not apologize. Instead, call emergency medical care.
- Seek treatment – Getting emergency treatment is a vital step. Not only does it ensure your life is out of danger, but it also validates your demand for compensation for your damages, such as medical bills, pain, and suffering. If you did not receive emergency treatment make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as you are able.
- Engage a lawyer – An attorney can help you collect evidence, establish negligence, identify all at-fault parties, and defend your claim.
Get Closure at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
If you need help with claiming compensation after suffering injuries in a reckless driving accident, reach out to our law firm. Our attorneys can work under contingency, meaning you will only pay when you win. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to get started on the process of pursuing your claim.