If you or your loved ones have suffered injuries in an accident involving an icy road, reach out to us for legal assistance. If another driver caused the collision or it resulted from an improperly maintained road, you may be entitled to compensation. You can file a lawsuit against all parties who played a direct role in the accident caused by an icy road.
An accident caused by icy road lawyer in North Charleston can offer legal guidance. Learn about your right to file a successful case against the responsible parties. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a icy road accidents lawyer serving North Charleston, call (888) 612-7001
Icy Roads and Car Accidents
Snow and icy road conditions play a significant role in impacting the number of car accidents in the United States. The U.S. Department of Transportation affirms that an estimated 1,300 people lose their lives every year, and more than 116,000 suffer injuries because of accidents caused by icy, snowy, or slushy roads.
Driving on the road during icy conditions exposes you to more danger. Any slight change to the road surface can increase the risk of a severe accident. City municipalities and other related local authority entities should clear the snow or ice to safeguard motorists from a possible accident.
When you drive on a road that has not been treated or cleared of ice, your vehicle may lose control, causing an accident. However, this does not mean you should let the snow disrupt your schedules because the relevant parties have not cleared the roads.
If an accident occurs despite driving with care, do not take the blame; instead, seek the services of our North Charleston accident caused by icy road attorneys to help you sue the people or companies tasked with the mandate of maintaining the road.
North Charleston Icy Road Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Why Icy Roads Are Dangerous
The state and local authority department of transport prepares for winter by treating roads with salt or sand. However, residential and side streets can accumulate ice quickly because the state government focuses more on major highways.
Our accident caused by icy road lawyers in North Charleston can aim to prove how the icy road’s dangerous conditions directly contributed to your car accident. An icy road presents numerous hazards, including:
- Lack of traction can reduce reaction time and increase the risk of skidding
- Poor road visibility, especially in pavements and shadowy areas or at night, exposing drivers to accidents
- The unpredictable nature of winter storms makes it difficult for the state to determine the amount of salt or sand to apply on roads to control the accumulation of ice
- Melting ice is more dangerous as it can refreeze when temperatures drop at night, making roads that were safe during the day hazardous
- The underneath cold air in overpasses and bridges causes faster freezing
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to learn more about how an icy road can be the cause of your accident.
Assigning Responsibility in an Icy Road Accident
Although accidents occur daily, it is possible to prevent some of them when drivers exercise caution. If an accident occurs due to the driver’s negligence, they should take the liability for the victims’ injuries and resulting damages.
There are several instances where drivers should take the blame for an icy road accident, such as:
- A tailgating driver
- A driver moving too fast for the road conditions
- A distracted driver
- A person driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances
- A reckless driver, for example, those who change lanes carelessly
There are also other causes of icy road accidents. For example, you can get into an accident due to negligence in several ways, including:
- Roads lacking proper maintenance
- Failure to apply salt or sand, or clear ice from the roads
- Malfunctioning of parts of the automobile, such as the brakes and tires
- A defective automobile
If you have been a victim of an accident caused by an icy road, an accident caused by icy road attorney in North Charleston can give you legal advice on proceeding with your case. As such, they can explore the factors surrounding your case before filing a claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Choosing a North Charleston Accident Caused by Icy Road Lawyer
Our attorneys may be able to take your case and strive for the best outcome. Our law firm can help you receive different kinds of compensation, such as:
- Medical bills, including prescription drugs and therapeutic and rehabilitative sessions
- The resulting property loss, such as damage to your automobile
- Lost wages
- Lost business opportunity
- Emotional pain and suffering
We can examine your claim’s evidence and a build case to demonstrate to insurance companies or the courts that you deserve monetary compensation for your car accident.
A North Charleston accident caused by icy road attorney can help you get justice and closure. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free evaluation of your case.