If you sustained an injury after a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, South Carolina law entitles you to seek damages in civil court. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation with a slip and fall lawyer in Newberry, South Carolina, to determine the best path forward.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Newberry, call (888) 612-7001
What We Do for Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Newberry
We maintain our commitment to client service with 24/7 phone access for clients with problems and concerns, in-home and hospital visits for clients who cannot travel, and free consultations to discuss your case.
Our slip and fall attorneys in Newberry, SC, are empathetic to the financial hardship that sometimes accompanies a severe injury; we handle our cases on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t have to pay out-of-pocket. We collect our attorney fees from any settlement or verdict awarded by the court.
Newberry Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Slip and Fall Accident Risk Factors
Victims of slip and falls might have slipped on a floor because of a wet or dry spill, lost their balance on a loose handrail and fell down a flight of stairs, slipped on an object in their path, or experienced a wide variety of other situations.
However, some factors actually make falls more likely. The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) describes three risk factors that increase the odds of a fall:
- Age. When people age, they lose muscle strength and bone mass reducing their ability to balance and overcome a hazard.
- Activity. Those who remain sedentary also struggle with balance because of a lower amount of muscle mass.
- Fear. After experiencing one fall, a person might develop the fear of falling again. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that once a person falls, they double their chances of falling again.
How We Can Assist You After a Slip and Fall
These are some of the things that the personal injury lawyers from our firm will handle for you after a slip and fall accident.
- Investigating your case by obtaining relevant documentation, interviewing eyewitnesses, and more.
- Consulting with experts in their fields who support your case by analyzing liability, assessing future medical needs, and determining the monetary value of your claim.
- Negotiating with the defense so you can concentrate on healing and recovery.
- Litigating your case in court when settlement isn’t an option for one or both parties to the suit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Actions to Take After a Slip and Fall in Newberry
If you slip and fall in Newberry, take these steps until you get the chance to contact an attorney at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers:
- See a doctor immediately. You need to prioritize your health and safety, but seeking medical treatment also documents your injuries so an insurance company has a difficult time disputing the cause of your injury. If your doctor isn’t available, head to the emergency department at Newberry Hospital.
- Take photos. If you are physically able, use your cell phone to take pictures at the scene of your slip and fall, so you have documentation for your lawyer and the court.
- Don’t chat with others about your case. Any statements that you make might get back to the insurance investigator. While comments and discussions might be innocent, insurance adjusters are trained to find things to use to reduce the value of your claim.
If a family member passed away in a slip and fall incident, you may be eligible for compensation through a wrongful death claim.
A Newberry-Serving Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help You Today
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident because of an owner’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Contact a slip and fall lawyer serving Newberry, SC, from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or through our online form for a free consultation to learn about how we can serve you.