Due to their smaller size and slower speeds, mopeds are often at the mercy of fast-moving cars and trucks on the road. If the negligent actions of another driver injured you or your loved ones, a moped accident lawyer in Newberry, SC, may be able to help you recover damages.
Contact the legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free evaluation of your moped accident case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Types of Moped Accidents We Handle
Moped accidents may occur for a wide range of reasons, the most common of which include:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of other substances
- Failure to signal lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Eating, reading, or applying makeup while driving
- Failure to yield while making left-hand turns
- Running red lights
- Drivers opening car doors into traffic
- Commercial drivers failing to follow laws that require rest periods
- Mechanical failure of vehicles or defective vehicle parts
A moped accident attorney in Newberry, SC, can help you understand your rights and determine the best way to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Newberry Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Damages You May Recover in a Moped Accident
Moped drivers do not have a vehicle frame to protect them during an accident, which can result in particularly severe injuries. Depending on the details of your case, you may be able to recover damages that include:
You can often recover the cost of medical bills, surgeries, and other medical treatment related to your accident. These expenses might include:
- Emergency transportation
- Emergency room care
- Surgical costs
- Prescription drugs
- Chiropractic care or massage therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
In addition to medical costs you incur from your accident, you may also be able to recover the costs associated with replacing personal property that was damaged or destroyed in the accident. These may include:
- Repair costs for your moped
- Replacement costs for your moped
- Replacement costs for after-market additions to your moped, such as storage devices, radios, or windshields
- Eyeglasses or sunglasses you were wearing at the time of the accident
- Clothing, jewelry, or other accessories you were wearing at the time of the accident
- Electronic items damaged in the accident, such as a phone, laptop, or camera equipment
These are damages that do not have an explicit value. A moped accident attorney knows how compensation is determined and can assist in calculating damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Long-term disability or disfigurement
- Emotional distress, such as PTSD or anxiety
If your spouse, child, or parent passed away from injuries sustained in a moped accident, you may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death claim under S.C. Code § 15-51-20.
While compensation cannot bring your loved one back, the damages you recover can relieve financial distress and allow you to focus on your family during this difficult time.
Damages you may recover in a wrongful death claim include:
- Expenses related to the funeral and burial
- Medical bills that accrued before your loved one passed
- Damage to the victim’s property
- Loss of companionship or care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost of future income, particularly for parents who leave behind underage children
A wrongful death lawyer can help guide you through this challenging process. Contact the compassionate legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to discuss the details of your case.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Contact a Moped Accident Lawyer Serving Newberry, SC, Today
You should not have to suffer due to another driver’s negligence. While we cannot heal your pain, we can help you get the compensation you deserve so you can focus on getting better.
Contact the legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today by phone or online to schedule a free consultation. Our Newberry moped accident attorneys are standing by to help you recover damages for your injuries.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001