Each year, about three million older adults wind up in the ER for slip and fall injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). However, anyone can experience a slip and fall, no matter your age.
If you have been injured on someone’s property during a slip and fall accident, you deserve compensation for your losses. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers and speak to a Myrtle Beach, SC, slip and fall attorney during a free case evaluation to discuss how we can help you during this difficult time.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, call 843-779-1777
Committed to Our Clients
The slip and fall lawyers in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, at our firm remain focused on providing unmatched client service regardless of where your slip and fall occurred. The firm’s individualized services include 24/7 phone access for clients, free case evaluations, and the opportunity for one of our team members to travel to our clients at their home or the hospital when their injury prevents them from traveling to our Myrtle Beach office.
There is no need to worry about paying upfront since we handle cases on contingency, meaning we only collect attorney fees from any settlement or verdict in your favor.
Myrtle Beach Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-779-1777
How We Serve Slip and Fall Victims in Myrtle Beach, SC
We can help you in multiple ways after a slip and fall accident. Here are some of the legal services we will provide for you:
- Investigation. We gather relevant documents and evidence to support your case including medical records, witness statements, and accident scene photos.
- Consultation. We reach out to specialists who offer opinions on your accident, your injuries, and help determine liability.
- Negotiation. We communicate with insurance companies who might try to offer you a quick settlement to avoid paying more later.
- Litigation. We will aggressively litigate your case when settlement isn’t an option because the defense is unwilling to offer full and fair compensation.
If you lost a family member to a slip and fall accident, you may be able to recover compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Taking Action After a Slip and Fall in Myrtle Beach
If you have sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, you need to protect your eligibility to recover damages and provide as much information as possible to your attorney. While a slip and fall lawyer in Myrtle Beach, SC, will investigate your case, here are some recommended next steps after your accident:
- See a doctor right away. Waiting too long to document your injuries with a medical professional puts your lawsuit at risk because the insurance company might argue that your slip and fall accident didn’t cause your injury. Visit your regular doctor or head to a nearby hospital such as Grand Strand Medical Center.
- Take photographs at the scene. Property owners are motivated to remove any danger or hazard that caused a visitor’s injury. If you are physically able, use your cell phone to take photos of the scene of the accident, including the hazard that led to your fall. You should also take photos of any visible injuries to share with your attorney and daily photos of injuries until they heal.
- Keep all bills and receipts. Record all expenses that are directly related to your injury so you can share them with your lawyer. This includes medical expenses, gas receipts from traveling to the hospital, and more.
- Don’t communicate with the insurance carrier. It’s common for the property owner’s insurance company to contact you to hear details of your fall and discuss a settlement. Investigators are trained to elicit statements that might devalue your claim. Let your attorney speak with the insurance company to protect the value of your claim and make sure you can receive full and fair compensation.
- Don’t post on social media. Posting information about your accident, vacation photos, parties, physical activity and more might give the insurance company information to use against you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Myrtle Beach Slip and Fall Attorney Is Standing by to Assist You
If you or a loved one has been injured during a slip and fall accident, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or through our online form for a free consultation to discuss your case with a slip and fall lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.