An accident that causes minor damages for a vehicle driver or passenger can mean severe injuries for a motorcyclist. Unlike passenger vehicles, motorcycles offer no protection. A collision can send a motorcyclist off the road or into oncoming traffic.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover damages from the at-fault party. A Myrtle Beach motorcycle accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can fight for fair compensation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Recovering Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident in Horry County
We can work to recover various types of compensation for your accident, including:
- Medical expenses: You can get money for the medical bills you incurred due to your injuries. You can also seek compensation for future rehabilitation costs if this type of ongoing care is medically necessary. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, it is possible to claim the cost of lifetime care, which may include in-home assistance, equipment, and home modifications.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from going to work, you can file a claim to recover your lost wages.
- Reduced earning capacity: If you cannot return to work, you may be able to claim the difference between your pre-injury earnings and your earning potential after the accident.
Your potential compensation depends on the extent of your injuries and how they affect your life. Each case is unique.
Other Forms of Compensation
You may also stand to collect compensation for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering and loss of quality of life. If your injuries meet certain criteria, you can pursue non-economic damages through a third-party liability claim or a personal injury lawsuit.
We Can Calculate Your Damages
Our attorneys can gather evidence, such as expert testimony, to accurately calculate your damages. For example, they may:
- Talk to your doctors and other medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries and your prognosis
- Talk to a life-care planner if you suffered a catastrophic injury that requires ongoing treatment
- Hire an economist to determine the amount of your lost earning capacity
We can help assign a dollar value to your non-economic damages, as well.
Myrtle Beach Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-779-1777
Negligence May Have Played a Role in Your Motorcycle Accident
Your motorcycle accident may have resulted from:
- Tailgating: A driver who follows too closely may not be able to stop before striking your motorcycle. Rear-end collisions can throw a motorcyclist from their bike.
- Improper lane changes: A driver may fail to check his blind spot or use a turn signal before changing lanes. This can cause the motorcyclist to swerve into oncoming traffic.
- Poor judgment calls: A driver may misjudge how close a motorcycle is when turning left at an intersection.
- Speeding: The faster a driver travels, the less time they have to check for motorcyclists or react to a hazard.
- Distracted driving: If a driver is on the phone or texting, their attention is not on the road. The driver may fail to see a motorcycle in time to avoid an accident.
Any of the following behaviors constitute a violation of a motorist’s duty of care. After we establish their negligence, we can help link your injuries to the accident and hold them liable for your losses.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-779-1777
If You Share the Fault For a Motorcycle Accident in Myrtle Beach
The motorcyclist’s conduct can also contribute to an accident. For instance, lane splitting–where a motorcyclist rides between two lanes of traffic–is a common cause of motorcycle accidents and is also illegal, according to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety.
In South Carolina, a motorcyclist cannot recover any money for their injuries if they were the primary contributor to their accident. If a motorcyclist is 50% percent or less at fault, however, then they can recover compensation. The amount they receive will be reduced by their portion of the fault.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Possible Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
Injuries from a motorcycle accident are often serious or even fatal. The most common injuries associated with such accidents include:
- Head injuries: South Carolina does not require a motorcyclist over the age of 21 to wear a helmet. If the impact of the collision throws you from the motorcycle, you may hit your head, causing severe injuries.
- Broken bones: On a motorcycle, your legs and arms are almost completely unprotected. Your motorcycle could fall on one of your legs or you can break your arm trying to brace yourself as you hit the pavement.
- Internal injuries: The impact of a collision can easily damage a motorcyclist’s ribs, kidneys, or other organs.
- Road rash: During the accident, you may suffer tears on your skin. This could result in painful injuries and permanent scarring.
- Spinal injuries: A motorcycle accident could damage your spine, resulting in loss of sensation or paralysis.
- Death: If your loved one has died in a motorcycle accident, you may have the right to pursue a wrongful death or survival claim.
If you are coping with injuries from your motorcycle accident, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Myrtle Beach can help you fight for compensation.
Our Lawyers Can Handle Your Insurance Claim or Personal Injury Lawsuit
Shortly after the accident, an insurance company may contact you about settling your case. If you accept an offer, you forfeit your right to sue the person who caused your injuries for more money.
We can assess any offer and negotiate with the insurance company to reach a settlement that fairly covers your losses. Alternatively, we can file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party and seek a court-awarded offer.
In either case, we handle all the necessary paperwork and communications with the liable party, their insurers, and their legal representatives.
Protect Your Right to Compensation
As you begin your insurance claim or lawsuit, you can protect your rights with a few simple steps.
See a Doctor Immediately After Your Motorcycle Accident
The best thing you can do to support your case is to see a doctor right away. Your healthcare professional can provide key evidence to link your injuries to your motorcycle accident.
Even if you think your injuries will heal on their own, do not forgo medical assessment. Latent symptoms and subsequent complications may occur with your injuries.
Make Sure to Follow Your Doctor’s Orders
If your doctor prescribes treatment, such as medication or rehabilitative therapy, make sure to follow through with it. Any failure on your part can cause an insurance adjuster to undervalue or deny your claim.
Continue seeing your doctor or specialist until you have reached maximum medical recovery. If you require ongoing care, you will want to make sure your potential settlement accounts for this. You need to submit documentation for your prognosis.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Myrtle Beach are ready to build your case. With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers on your side, you can focus on what really matters—recovering from your injuries.
Call us at (843) 779-1777 for a free consultation. We can explore your legal options for financial recovery and give you an idea of how much your case may be worth.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-779-1777