Rollover accidents are a dangerous type of car crash capable of causing serious injuries to the victims. When a truck rolls over, the driver loses control putting everyone on board and in the vicinity at risk. Victims can sustain life-altering injuries such as broken bones, brain injuries, and even spinal cord injuries.
A rollover accident can happen in a split second and can be caused by a variety of reasons, including driver negligence, poorly designed roadways, and mechanical failure of the vehicle. Whoever may be responsible for the conditions and actions that led to the accident, if you are injured in a rollover accident, you may have legal recourse against them.
Learn more about how to hold a truck driver or trucking company liable by talking to the Mount Pleasant rollover crashes attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers during a free case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover crashes lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
Rollover Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), rollover accidents have a higher fatality rate than other types of accidents. Some of the facts worth noting include:
- Rollover accidents account for more than 10,000 car accident fatalities every year.
- Taller and narrower vehicles like pickups and minivans are more likely to roll over in a road accident.
- Wearing a safety belt decreases the chances of dying in a rollover accident by 75%.
Mount Pleasant Rollover Crashes Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Injuries Suffered in a Rollover Accident
Injuries sustained in a truck rollover crash may vary from accident to accident, but there are ones that are more common than others. Some of them include:
- Head trauma
- Spinal injuries
- Broken bones
A rollover accident can cause life-long injuries that can leave you struggling to get back on your feet. You may also be faced with an insurmountable financial burden due to the costs of hospitalization as well as loss of wages and income.
An injury from a truck rollover accident can leave you with huge financial burdens such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages from work
- Loss of earning capacity in cases of head trauma or paralysis
- Long term medications and healthcare burden
- Funeral costs if a loved one is killed in an accident
Insurance companies can do all they can to negotiate the lowest compensation possible for your claim. The pursuit of fair compensation can be tough particularly during this time that you should be focusing on your recovery.
Fortunately, a rollover crashes lawyer in Mount Pleasant can help alleviate the burden off your shoulders by handling the case on your behalf.
We Can Help You Establish the Party at Fault
If the accident was caused by someone else’s fault, you have a legal right to recover for damages incurred as a result. But, in order to get the compensation owed to you, you will need to prove that the other party breached a duty of care they owe you, and as such acted negligently or recklessly.
Just like many other truck accidents, rollover accidents are a result of driver error, vehicle defect, condition of the road, or a combination of the three. Some of the common causative factors that may prove negligence include:
- Over speeding: High speeds are more associated with rollover accidents than with other kinds of car accidents.
- Unsafe road conditions: Rollover accidents happen in country roads more than in the cities. This is attributable to the fact that some rural roads have steep terrains and may lack safety mechanisms in place. For instance, some lack the guardrails that are present in major highways and interstates.
- Impaired drivers: While it is illegal for drivers to get behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or other impairing substances, the reality is that drivers continue to drive while drug impaired. Alcohol and drugs may impair the driver’s vision, coordination, and good judgment, all of which compromise the safety of the driver, passengers, and all other road users. The impairment that alcohol and drugs play can pose a higher risk for rollover accidents.
- Poor maintenance: Properly maintained brake systems and tires are critical to safe driving. Tires that are worn out may cause a rollover accident on a wet or otherwise slippery road. Brake systems failures may also contribute to a rollover accident as it makes it difficult for the driver to be in control of the truck.
- Distracted driver: A driver who shifts his/her attention to something else while driving poses a potential risk of a rollover accident. According to the National Safety Council, cell phones are a top distraction among drivers, including truck drivers. Drivers using their phones to call, text, or browse the internet are unable to detect changes around them and respond in time. They have delayed reaction time to road conditions, are likely to over speed, and cannot maintain appropriate lane positions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have the Right to Work With a Lawyer
While you are not required to have a lawyer after an accident that was not your fault, having one can help you present a solid and compelling case. A lawyer can help you prove negligence by presenting evidence of the party’s negligence and how it caused the accident.
A Mount Pleasant rollover crashes attorney will take much of the stress off your shoulders and let you focus on your healing. We will look into your case, carry out a forensic investigation to demonstrate liability, and pursue maximum damages from the at-fault parties’ insurance companies.
We will help you avoid the pitfall of accepting a settlement that is less than what you deserve. We offer free initial consultations and there are no upfront fees for each case that we handle. You will only pay us when we obtain a favorable verdict or settlement for your case.
Contact a Mount Pleasant Rollover Crashes Lawyer Today
If you are injured in a truck rollover accident caused by a trucker’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers our team will fight for your right to recover the compensation you deserve.
We are here to help. Contact our rollover crashes attorneys in Mount Pleasant by phone or through our online case evaluation form today.