Being injured in an accident caused by improperly loaded cargo can bring about feelings of vulnerability and distress. You may be dealing with doctor appointments, missed time at work, and an uncertainty about your legal options. We believe that no one should have to experience undue suffering caused by another party’s negligence.
Fortunately, you do not need to face this situation alone. An accident caused by improperly loaded cargo lawyer in Mount Pleasant from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may be able to represent you. This could allow our firm to handle all aspects of your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit while you focus on recovering.
For a free legal consultation with a improperly loaded cargo accidents lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
How Improperly Loaded Cargos Accidents Happen
Improperly loaded cargo can occur if a passenger vehicle transporting objects inside or on top of their vehicle spills their cargo into the road; for example, a mattress that falls off the top of a sedan or construction materials that fall out of the back of a pickup truck.
These accidents can also be caused by much larger commercial motor vehicles. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) publishes guidelines on securing various types of cargo on commercial motor vehicles. Cargo that has not been properly loaded and secured prior to shipment may spill from the vehicle and strike another automobile.
Some of the most common reasons that people fail to secure their loads properly prior to commencing their journey include:
- Not using appropriate materials for securing the load, which could also be attributed to materials which are not in good working order or defective cargo retention products
- Unevenly distributing cargo, resulting in the load being unbalanced
- Loading more cargo than the vehicle is capable of transporting safely, or more than the legal limit for transport at one time
- The driver’s view being obstructed or otherwise the driver not applying their full concentration to driving and being on the road
- Engaging in irresponsible driving practices or overly hard braking that can potentially cause the load to become imbalanced
- Not checking that goods to be transported have been secured safely and properly
Mount Pleasant Improperly Loaded Cargo Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Liability for Improperly Loaded Cargo Accidents
If you were injured in an accident caused by improperly loaded cargo, you have the right to seek financial recovery for your damages from the responsible party.
If your accident occurred because a driver spilled their cargo out of their personal vehicle, assigning liability may be relatively straightforward. However, if your accident was caused by a commercial motor vehicle, assigning liability may be more complex.
Cargo on a commercial motor vehicle may get loaded by multiple freight handlers, even at different locations or over numerous sessions. This consideration can create challenges in identifying the liable party or liable parties.
We can investigate your accident and identify the liable party when we represent you. In general, the liable party may include:
- A commercial vehicle driver whose negligence caused the accident
- A shipping or trucking company who failed to secure the cargo or properly maintain the vehicle
- A freight handler who incorrectly loaded the vehicle
- A mechanic or product manufacturer who caused a mechanical failure that created the accident
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Can Defend Your Rights
It can be stressful dealing with insurance companies after an accident. You may feel pressured by them to make decisions about your case or to take a settlement offer before you are ready.
An improperly loaded cargo accident lawyer in Mount Pleasant from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can handle all communications with the responsible party’s insurance company from the moment we start working together.
While you concentrate on recovering from all physical and emotional injuries sustained in your accident, we can collect evidence of the responsible party’s liability. We can also examine your damages and collect evidence of their value. During this process, we can estimate the value of your non-economic damages and damages you may face in the future.
Once we have built your case, we can enter settlement negotiations with the responsible party’s insurance company. If they are unwilling to make you a fair settlement offer, we can take your case to trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages in a Truck Accident Case
Depending on the nature of your injuries and your accident, you may be able to recover truck accident damages such as:
- Current and future medical bills
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Lost wages and reduced earning capability
- Pain and suffering
- And more
In the tragic event that your loved one lost their life in an accident caused by improperly loaded cargo, our firm may be able to help you pursue a different set of damages in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
A Mount Pleasant accident caused by improperly loaded cargo lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may be able to fight for compensation on your behalf. To learn more about our services in a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today.