Intersections are one of the most common places where collisions occur. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, the injuries victims suffer can be severe. If you are facing injuries after such a collision, a Mount Pleasant accident in intersection lawyer may investigate and establish the party at fault in order to pursue compensation on your behalf.
Pursuing truck accident damages can be frustrating, especially when you are still recovering from the injuries and need to navigate South Carolina personal injury law. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we understand the challenges of recovering damages for this, which is why we seek justice for our clients.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Leading Causes of Intersection Accidents
Intersections are hotspots for vehicle accidents. According to the Driving Institute of America, approximately 40% of fatal accidents in the U.S. occur in intersections. Understanding the reasons that accidents often occur at intersections can help you identify the negligent act that led to your own collision.
Intersections are high-traffic areas where drivers frequently cross in front of each other’s paths. With the heavy amount of activity involved – including the presence of pedestrians at crosswalks – intersections require drivers to have extra vigilance, especially with trucks.
As a result, human error and negligence are the main contributors to intersection accidents. Here are some of the leading causes of intersection collisions:
- Distracted driving: Distraction happens when drivers shift their attention from driving to another activity, such as texting, searching for items in the car, or eating. This shift of attention may prevent the driver from noticing when a traffic light changes or another vehicle enters the intersection.
- Illegal maneuvers: When drivers fail to yield or cross over an intersection illegally, they increase the chances of accidents with oncoming vehicles with the right of way.
- Obstructed view: Another vehicle may obstruct a driver’s view when waiting to turn. Those that enter the intersection blindly are at an increased risk for collision.
- Miscalculation of another vehicle’s speed: It can be difficult to estimate the speed of an oncoming vehicle, which can lead to an accident if a driver pulls into the intersection too soon.
- Inadequate surveillance: As with obstructed view, entering an intersection without checking for other cars and pedestrians can cause a collision. It is always best to look in all directions to make sure the road is clear before turning or crossing an intersection.
Mount Pleasant Intersection Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Injuries You May Seek Compensation for After an Intersection Collision
While injuries may vary from case to case, some are more common than others. And truck accidents can cause more severe damages. Injuries that typically occur in intersection accidents include:
- Facial fractures
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Sprained or broken bones
The high speeds often involved in intersection collisions can lead to catastrophic injuries. Still, even if your injuries do not require emergency medical attention, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Delaying a medical evaluation can put your eligibility for compensation after an accident in jeopardy.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
South Carolina’s Comparative Liability Law in Intersection Accidents
Determining who is at fault after a truck collision at an intersection is crucial. South Carolina follows the comparative negligence doctrine under SC Code § 15-38-5, which means that the total award you are eligible for may diminish based on your own level of fault for the accident.
In South Carolina, you may still collect damages as long as your share of fault is under a certain threshold. Fortunately, a lawyer can build a case that protects you from bearing an unfair percentage of fault. If you hire our firm, our accidents in intersection lawyers in Mount Pleasant will conduct an investigation of what happened, which will involve:
- Obtaining access to accident reports
- Identifying witnesses and conducting interviews
- Collecting and analyzing evidence to prove negligence and liability
- Examining the facts and circumstances that led to your accident
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How a Mount Pleasant Accidents in Intersection Lawyer Can Help
In South Carolina, you have the right to receive compensation for the losses you suffered in an intersection accident with a negligent driver. Depending on the nature of your case, you may be able to recover both economic and non-economic losses. Economic damages that may be available include:
- Medical expenses. When you suffer injuries following an intersection collision, you will likely face expenses for treatment, medications, and other medical attention. Compensation may cover the immediate treatment you receive, as well as the future medical costs you incur for your injuries.
- Lost wages. After an accident, some injuries take some time to heal. During your healing period, you may miss out on income and other benefits from your job. Fortunately, the law allows you to recover the earnings you lost while in recovery.
- Property damage. This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle, as necessary.
Recoverable non-economic damages generally pertain to pain and suffering. When involved in an accident, you may suffer pain and discomfort due to your injuries. Even though pain does not have its own monetary value, an accident in intersection lawyer in Mount Pleasant can help you arrive at some figure for compensation.
Speak With a Member of Our Team Today
If you or your loved one suffered injuries from an intersection auto accident with a truck, the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are ready to help. We will review your case and determine if we may be able to pursue the compensation you need to cover your injuries and other damages.
Contact our Mount Pleasant accident in intersection attorneys today by phone or through our online form for a free case evaluation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001