Items strewn in the walkaways are among the leading reasons for slip and fall accidents. In 2012, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention developed detailed guidelines on how business and property owners can protect occupants from slip and fall accidents. Among the advice given by the CDC is to clear the walking surfaces of clutter.
Slip and fall accidents can result in life-altering injuries. Often, the injured person ends up incurring the hefty cost of treatment and loss arising from the injuries. But many times, someone else who is responsible for the accident should be held accountable. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident as a result of someone’s negligence that led to unsafe conditions, you may file a case.
Reach out to a Mount Pleasant fall caused by cluttered walking spaces attorney to help you pursue a lawsuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Injuries and Deaths from Slip and Fall Accidents
Falls are among the leading causes of injuries and injury-related deaths in the U.S. Most of these injuries are often caused by a third party’s negligence, such as leaving clutter in a walkway.
Injuries related to slip and fall accidents may vary depending on a host of factors such as:
- The age and physical condition of the victim
- How you fell, it could be forward, backward, or on the side
- The shape and nature of the object on which the victim fell
- The force with which you strike the objects as a result of your fall
Depending on these factors, there is a spectrum of injuries that you may suffer. Some of them include:
- Traumatic brain injury: According to the Mayo Clinic, falls are one of the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries.
- Broken bones in arms and hands: You are likely to suffer these injuries if you tried to use your hands or arms to reduce the impact with the ground.
- Broken hip: Older adults often suffer from this injury in a slip and fall accident.
- Internal bleeding: The force of impact of your fall may damage your internal organs, causing internal bleeding.
Some of these injuries can be fatal, especially if the victim was elderly or had other underlying health conditions that may have aggravated the consequences of the fall. Following these injuries, you might incur other secondary consequences such as:
- Heavy financial costs for the treatment of the injuries
- Loss of income if the injury prevents you from working
- A life-long injury that may require rehabilitation or diminish your ability to earn an income as you did before the injury
If you lost a loved one in a slip and fall accident, you might incur losses such as:
- The absence of comfort and companionship of your loved one
- Loss of your loved one’s income affecting the spouse and dependents
- Funeral costs related to the death of your loved one
Mount Pleasant Cluttered Walking Spaces Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
What to do After an Accident Caused by Cluttered Walking Spaces
There are critical steps that you could take immediately after your fall that can help to safeguard your rights. These steps may include:
- Seeking immediate medical attention
- Taking photos and video of the accident scene
- Identifying witnesses and their contact information
- Contacting your lawyer to investigate the case
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
We Help You Prove Liability for a Compensation Claim
Just like in any other personal injury claim, you will need to prove that the party at fault contributed to your injury through negligence. Fortunately, a lawyer can help you prove negligence by establishing:
The At-Fault Party’s Duty of Care
The business owner owes all the occupants a duty of care to keep the facility free from any hazards that may contribute to slip and fall accidents.
Breach of Duty
Cluttered walking spaces are potential hazards that can cause an accident. This means that the facility owner has breached the duty of care they owe all the occupants.
This is where you prove that the injuries sustained in the accident were a direct result of the cluttered walking space.
We will help you collect receipts and proof of the financial expenses incurred, as well as help in quantifying the non-economic expenses resulting from the injury.
Slip and fall claims can be difficult to navigate on your own unless you have solid knowledge about similar cases. A fall caused by cluttered walking spaces lawyer in Mount Pleasant will help prove that you were a victim of negligence, which caused measurable harm to you or your loved ones.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident caused by cluttered walking spaces, you might be entitled to collect compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages for the work you missed as a result of the injuries
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
South Carolina works under the doctrine of comparative negligence, which means that the recoverable damages may be reduced by the percentage at which you were at fault. The jury decides the degree to which the victim was at fault and assigns a percentage of the blame. In such a situation, our legal team will fight hard to ensure that you recover fair compensation.
Hire a Mount Pleasant Fall Caused by Cluttered Walking Spaces Lawyer
If you or a loved one is suffering from an injury as a result of a fall caused by cluttered walking spaces, a lawyer can assist you in validating your claims and handling the negotiations for a fair settlement. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation and more information on how we may be able to help. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our clients pay nothing unless we win the case.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001