Injuries resulting from premises liabilities are quite common. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more than 39 million people in the United States seek medical help for various injuries every year.
Many of these cases occur because of property owners’ negligence. If you or your loved ones sustain injuries from preventable accidents on someone else’s premises, filing a lawsuit to recover compensation for all damages might be the option for you.
Do you need the services of a premises liability lawyer in Mount Pleasant to file a personal injury claim? Look no further than George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. We are ready to assist you in all processes of filing a lawsuit against the at-fault parties. And the best part is that we can work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we only get paid when you win.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
Understanding a Premises Liability Case
If you sustain injuries on someone else’s premises, you can file a premises liability claim. Such a case refers to the property owner’s responsibility in the unsafe conditions that makes it vulnerable to accidents.
Some of the most common examples of Mount Pleasant premises liability cases that our firm handles include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Attacks from criminals because of inadequate security
- Injuries from falling objects
- Rape and assault
While there are several types of premises liability cases, slip and falls are among the U.S.’s most common accidents. Statistics reveal that millions of Americans, especially those above age 65, suffer serious injuries from falls every year.
Such an accident becomes a premises liability case if you or your loved ones fall and sustain injuries in premises such as:
- Entertainment arenas
- Shopping malls
If you face such a predicament, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers could offer legal assistance to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Mount Pleasant Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Types of Compensation You Can Recover
Our Mount Pleasant premises liability attorneys can help you recover various types of compensation, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Wrongful death
Making a Premises Liability Claim
As you embark on filing a premises liability lawsuit, it is worth noting that the four things you need to prove are:
- The defendant was the owner, occupied, or leased the property at the time of the accident.
- The injuries show the defendant was aware of the impending danger but failed to take appropriate safety measures.
- There is evidence of sustained injuries.
- The sustained injuries are the result of the defendant’s negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Classification of Guests in South Carolina
South Carolina recognizes four types of guests on a given property. It is essential to understand the category you or your loved one falls under before filing a claim seeking a settlement.
The four types of guests are:
- Invitees. These are individuals who enter a building or premises for various business reasons, including clients or merchandise suppliers. Premises owners must ensure the safety of invitees.
- Licensees. This group constitutes those who enter a building or premises for social reasons, such as recreational activities and meeting family members or friends. The law requires property owners to ensure the safety of licensees.
- Adult trespassers. These are adults who invade a property without the owner’s permission. They are considered intruders with no legal permission to be on the premises. Property owners do not owe these individuals any duty of care. However, owners can be held responsible for intentionally setting up any traps that harm trespassers.
- Children. Mount Pleasant laws mandate property owners to care for children on their premises, whether they enter legally or trespass. For example, according to the Offenses Against Property Law, South Carolina Code § 16-11-0, a property owner who fails to fence a swimming pool will be held responsible if the area harms a trespassing child.
What a Mount Pleasant Premises Liability Lawyer Can Do for You
Many victims in premises liability accidents often lack legal expertise or adequate resources to file successful lawsuits against their offenders. In such cases, the pursuit of justice becomes an overwhelming process, especially when sustained injuries lead to substantial medical bills or impair the victim’s productive life.
Most victims or their loved ones feel the pressure of a complex legal process. As such, they opt for early settlement where they receive only a portion of what they deserve. Therefore, it is essential to seek the assistance of an attorney to protect your interests.
If you are filing a premises liability case and hope to receive the maximum possible compensation for the injuries you or your loved ones sustain, you can reach out to a premises liability lawyer in Mount Pleasant as soon as possible.
Seek Closure with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
If you or your loved ones suffer injuries on someone else’s premises, you might be eligible for compensation. However, cases involving premises liability can be complicated, so you could work with a lawyer who could help prove your claim.
You are not alone in the quest for justice; we have your back. Our legal experts will strive to ensure you get the best outcome from your lawsuit in various ways, including:
- Assessing your medical records to establish the severity of your injuries
- Evaluating documents the defendant will produce
- Preparing relevant documents and filing your case
- Getting a reputable health care provider to testify on your behalf
- Defending your rights and interests in court
- Availing our services 24/7 to ensure you always receive crucial updates and support
Our Mount Pleasant premises liability lawyers are ready to get started on your case as soon as you reach out to us. Our team prides itself on the high success rate in countless similar claims where our clients have received maximum compensation for their damages.
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or through our online case evaluation form to schedule your consultation.