A tort refers to a wrongful action that harms another person. A mass tort occurs when a firm commits an unlawful act that harms many people, forcing them to pursue legal action. The victims can take various legal steps against the offender to receive financial recovery.
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for more information if you or your loved ones are in such a predicament and learn how a mass tort lawyer in Mount Pleasant can help.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Mass Tort Litigation Explained
The George Washington University Law School describes mass tort litigation as a crucial process of settling legal cases where several public members have incurred similar losses.
Mass tort involves several plaintiffs filing multiple lawsuits against the responsible company. The complainants make similar allegations concerning a service or product that the company provided to them. For example, victims can file a claim resulting from a prescription drug or faulty medical equipment.
A tort case indicates that the complainant experienced a loss financially, physically, emotionally, or health-wise. As such, the responsible party must pay all damages. Although individuals incur different levels of casualties, mass torts involve one defendant.
Mount Pleasant Mass Tort Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Mass Torts and Class Actions
In your quest to achieve justice in a mass tort, it is worth understanding the similarities and differences between mass torts and class actions. Both are similar because they involve several individuals filing a lawsuit against a single negligent party. However, the differences sprout from the treatment plaintiffs receive.
For class actions, all complainants belong to one large group striving to prove the wrongdoings propagated onto them, and their representation happens collectively. Class actions assume that every person in the group experienced similar losses or injuries from the misconduct. For example, several individuals who suffer a security breach that results in a loss of sensitive data can file a claim against the company that failed to safeguard their information.
On the other hand, mass torts entail each plaintiff having a personal claim depending on the degree and type of damage. Although victims suffer similar injuries, the extent of the damage differs, making it necessary to have a case-by-case analysis. The outcome of a mass tort is more elaborate and costly when compared to a class action.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Factors to Consider Before Filing a Mass Tort
A mass tort is a complex legal process because of the number of plaintiffs involved against one defendant and the cases’ specifics.
A Mount Pleasant mass tort attorney can help you understand the factors the court considers in the process of filing a mass tort, such as:
- The number of plaintiffs involved in the case (having more plaintiffs increases the chances of the court allowing the continuity of the legal process)
- Whether the nature of injuries and losses the plaintiffs suffered are similar
- The location of the complainants
- Whether the victims are near to each other or spread far apart
- Whether the claims the plaintiffs want to link to a common cause
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Deciding If Mass Tort Is the Right Legal Action for Your Case
Mass torts have proven to be an effective legal procedure for dealing with big firms and government agencies for various wrongdoings affecting a large public population.
Combining your claim with other similar claims can benefit you in several ways, including:
- Making the legal process easier for you
- Facilitating the application of all necessary arguments on a particular case
- Empowering the process of building a convincing case by increasing the evidence avenue for the demonstration of the harmful effects of a product
- Putting you in the best position to receive fair compensation for the damages incurred
- Compelling organizations and government agencies to implement appropriate strategies to prevent similar future occurrences
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we can help you decide the course of action that is the best for your claim. Call us for a free case evaluation.
The Categories of Compensation Available in a Mass Tort
The separate case evaluation for mass torts leads to varying compensation levels for the victims. In its exploration of the vaccine injury program, the Federal Judicial Center (FJC) explains the characteristics of congregations involved in the mass tort case, including the types of damages victims incur.
Depending on the level of damages you have experienced, a successful mass tort will help you receive several types of compensations, including:
- Medical expenses you have already incurred and projected future medical costs, such as staying in the hospital, rehab centers, surgery, or therapy
- The income you have lost because of your injuries
- Disfigurement and other body damages, whether temporary or permanent
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Financial loss, if the damage affected your business and other investments
Selecting a Mount Pleasant Mass Tort Lawyer
Suppose you are among the several Mount Pleasant residents pursuing a similar lawsuit against a company or the government. In that case, it could be worth coming together to file a claim through our law firm.
Our Mount Pleasant mass tort lawyers would work diligently on your case. Our team can help your case in various ways, such as:
- Evaluating your medical history and other records to link the injury or damage to the faulty product
- Scrutinizing the evidence to enhance the process of building the case
- Preparing relevant files and documents to propel the lawsuit
- Contacting other experts, such as doctors, to testify on your behalf
- Attending all court sessions to solve pretrial matters
- Carrying your claim throughout the court process until you receive compensation
- Providing you with 24-hour updates
Get Justice with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
Do not suffer in silence due to injuries caused by a corporation’s negligence when our Mount Pleasant mass tort attorneys can help you seek the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers can answer any queries you may have on how to go about filing your claim. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for legal counsel.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001