The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers believes that victims should not have to carry the financial burden of their injuries resulting from a taxicab accident. Our attorneys provide services that can protect your rights and assist you in:
- Identifying the liable parties
- Gathering all the required evidence to prove liability
- Managing and filing your insurance claim against the liable party
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Taxicab accidents can leave victims injured and feeling vulnerable. Our team can help you navigate the complex process to recover damages for your lost wages, medical bills, and other financial losses.
For a free legal consultation with a taxicab accidents lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
What to Do When You Suffer Injuries in a Taxicab Accident
Passengers who suffer injuries while sitting in the taxi at the time of the collision are generally clear of any fault – unless they actively prevented the driver from operating the cab safely. This means you have every right to seek compensation for your injuries if you were a passenger. If you were another driver, you may also be able to collect damages if you can prove the taxi driver’s negligence.
After a collision, you should take the following steps if you can support your case:
- Seek medical attention. It is important to assess your injuries and connect them to the accident to receive compensation
- Make a note of the contact information of the taxi driver and any other drivers involved, as well as witnesses around the scene of the accident
- Take photos and videos of the accident and your injuries to capture important evidence
Mount Pleasant Taxicab Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
It Is Your Right to Obtain Legal Representation After a Taxicab Accident
According to South Carolina law, you may be eligible to recover financial losses if another party acted negligently and caused your injuries. In a personal injury case, the burden of proof is on you to prove how the other party in the accident is liable for damages.
Many people, especially after suffering injuries and trauma in an accident, find the process of pursuing compensation overwhelming. For this reason, we encourage you to contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. Our team works on a contingency basis in pursuing recovery for your damages while you recover from your physical and emotional damages.
Recovering Damages in a Taxicab Accident Case
The law requires taxicab drivers to demonstrate the utmost care for all of their passengers in the taxi, as well as other drivers and pedestrians outside their taxis while on duty. As such, the driver and the taxicab company employing them will be held liable for any degree of negligence on their part.
If a collision involves multiple vehicles, this may result in different percentages of liability for the negligent parties involved, based on the evidence available. The goal of George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, is to ensure that these percentages are calculated fairly and that all liable parties fulfill their financial obligation to our clients. We want to help our clients receive the compensation they deserve, no matter how complex the case.
Handling Taxicab Insurance Companies
Insurance adjusters realize that victims may be vulnerable due to the pressures from medical bills, lost wages, and other financial constraints. As a result, some insurance adjusters may attempt to:
- Push for a fast settlement as cheaply as possible
- Deny your claims outright
- Assign blame to you for the accident
- Delay the claims process
- Dispute the validity of your injuries
- Offer you a settlement that is inadequate for your injuries and losses
George Sink, P.A. knows how to effectively manage the claims process and will fight for your rights if you retain our services. We will deal with the details of your case so that you can focus on recovering from the physical and emotional injuries that you sustained in your accident. If a settlement with the insurance company is not possible, we may continue the fight in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Financial Recovery in a Taxicab Accident
A Mount Pleasant taxicab accident lawyer can compile all the necessary evidence and documentation to pursue recovery for you. The damages you may be able to receive include:
- Lost wages for the work that you missed while in recovery
- Diminished earning capacity, in the case that your injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Pain and suffering
- Medical treatments, such as therapy, hospitalization, prescription medicine, and surgery
- Mental anguish
If you lost a loved one in a taxicab accident, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can pursue damages for you that may include:
- Lifetime lost income, annuities, and benefits
- Burial and funeral costs
- Medical bills incurred before the passing of your loved one
- Loss of consortium
Reach Out to a Mount Pleasant Taxicab Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a taxicab accident, you could recover damages from the responsible party. You and your family deserve legal representation that will fight for the recovery of your damages incurred in a taxicab accident.
The sooner you reach out to our firm, the sooner we can go to work on your case. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, today for a complimentary case review.