Losing a loved one due to the negligent actions of another is an immense tragedy. Fatal accidents can be devastating, both emotionally and financially. Having legal representation can help you pursue compensation for your loss through a wrongful death claim. Even though compensation cannot heal the loss of a close family member, it can help you and your family to address any financial concerns and rebuild your lives.
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we believe that you should not have to struggle with a financial burden at this challenging time. A Mount Pleasant fatal accident attorney from our firm can work with you to build a strong case and fight for fair compensation. When you hire us, we will help you:
- Investigate the cause of the accident and the liable parties.
- Gather and preserve the relevant evidence.
- Interview all the witnesses involved.
- Determine the value of your case.
- Establish the best course of action to suit your needs
- Litigate your case in court in case there is no reasonable settlement with the insurance company
For a free legal consultation with a fatal accidents lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
One of the first steps your fatal accident lawyer in Mount Pleasant may take is to determine the cause of the accident. This will help to identify the liable party and uncover evidence that supports your case for damages. Common causes of fatal collisions include driver negligence, dangerous road conditions, and defective vehicle parts.
Negligence Is the Biggest Contributor in Vehicle Fatalities
Negligent driving behaviors cause the majority of fatalities on the road. Drivers may act negligently in a variety of ways. Below are the most common examples of driver negligence:
- Intoxication: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that about 20% of fatal accidents involve an intoxicated driver.
- Recklessness: Some drivers show a blatant disregard for the rules of the road, and as a result, they put other drivers at risk. Reckless drivers may speed, change lanes quickly, tailgate, or break other road safety rules.
- Distraction: Distracted drivers are a top cause of fatal accidents. Distractions can shift a driver’s attention from the road to another activity, making it difficult to recognize changes in the road.
- Drowsy driving: Fatigued or ill drivers play a role in a significant number of fatal car accidents annually.
Fatalities from Dangerous Driving Conditions
Fatal accidents can occur due to factors beyond the driver’s control. For instance, unsafe roadways from neglected maintenance can make it difficult to drive safely. In these cases, a local municipality may be to blame for a resulting accident.
How Defective Vehicles Cause Fatal Accidents
When a manufacturer builds a vehicle using a defective part, or a mechanic fails to complete repairs properly, it can cause the vehicle to malfunction on the road. When this happens, these entities may be responsible for the ensuing damages, injuries, and fatalities.
Our Mount Pleasant fatal accident attorneys can help you investigate whether one of the above circumstances led to your loved one’s accident. This will allow them to build a claim against the appropriate party and seek compensation on your family’s behalf.
Mount Pleasant Fatal Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Accounting for All Damages in a Fatal Accident Case
Our team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help surviving family members recover different types of damages after a wrongful death. First, the qualifying survivors may seek compensation for the support they lost due to the death of their loved one. They may also seek recovery for the projected loss of future support. Our firm will work with you to approximate the value of such losses.
You may also claim recovery for loss of companionship and the resulting pain and suffering you experience. For example, children under 25 years old may be eligible to recover damages arising from the loss of parental companionship and guidance. This is applicable even if there is a surviving spouse. If parents lose a minor, they may recover damages for mental pain and suffering.
In addition to the pain of losing a loved one, you may also face a financial burden from any treatment they received in relation to their injuries. Funeral and burial expenses may also factor into your recoverable damages. Our fatal accident lawyers in Mount Pleasant can help you account for all of these economic and non-economic losses. When you are ready to discuss your wrongful death case, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers.
Contact a Mount Pleasant Fatal Accident Lawyer in South Carolina
The sudden death of a loved one can devastate any family. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we believe that you deserve the answers and have the right to pursue damages from the negligent party. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.