When you have been injured in an elderly driver accident, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers attorneys can help protect your rights and assist you with:
- Collecting all the required evidence and documentation to support your case
- Identifying all liable parties involved in your case
- Managing and filing your insurance claim with the other party’s insurer
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Being in an accident with an elderly driver can leave you seriously injured and feeling overwhelmed. A Mount Pleasant elderly driver accident attorney will work in your best interests to help you recover damages for lost wages, medical bills, and other financial losses.
For a free legal consultation with a elderly driver accidents lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
It Is Your Right to Obtain Legal Services and Representation
Under S.C. Ann. Code § 15-38-15, you may be entitled to damages if the other party involved in the accident exhibited negligence. In a personal injury case, the burden of proof rests on you to clearly show that the other party is liable. We will work on your behalf to pursue financial compensation to which you may be entitled.
Mount Pleasant Elderly Driver Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Causes of Elderly Driver Accidents
Accidents involving elderly individuals can feature factors related to their current health condition. These factors can include:
- Issues with mobility: An elderly driver’s injured joints can make it difficult for them to efficiently operate the vehicle, especially when they must act quickly.
- Eyesight issues: The American Optometric Association (AOA) states that driving can be more difficult for people over 60 years of age due to vision changes and other vision impairments. This challenge can contribute to that accident’s cause due to their inability to see traffic lights, see other drivers, and avoid objects on the road.
- Intellectual disabilities: There is the risk of elderly drivers experiencing a lapse in safe driving behavior due to a prominent health condition, such as dementia or other mental impairment.
- Lack of physical reaction time: An accident can occur due to the lack of time available for reacting to certain situations like blowing a tire or animal and children crossing the road.
If you have been hit by an elderly driver in Mount Pleasant, reach out to our team. We will do our best possible to get you fair compensation for injuries sustained in your accident.
How Our Mount Pleasant Elderly Driver Accident Lawyers Can Help
Our team can help with the legal process for anyone injured in a vehicle accident involving an elderly driver. Our Mount Pleasant elderly driver accident lawyers can help in different areas, including:
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation: We can investigate to prove negligence and identify all liable parties in the accident.
- Handling insurance companies: Signing any document with insurance companies without consulting a lawyer for evaluation can jeopardize your claim. You may not be able to receive fair compensation if you accept an insurance company’s low settlement offer. Consulting your lawyer before accepting an offer may be beneficial.
- Calculate your losses and present fair compensation: We will collect your medical expenses and discuss with doctors on other required medical treatments and rehabilitation. We will also estimate the present and future losses that can arise because of your injuries.
- Negotiate a settlement or file a lawsuit: We undertake every case with the knowledge that it could end up in court. Elderly driver car accident cases may be resolved out of court. However, if an insurance company fails to agree to fair compensation, our lawyers can help you seek justice on the client’s behalf by filing a lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving an Elderly Driver’s Negligence
Elderly driver car accidents can result from the at-fault party’s negligence. In such cases, they are liable for damages you incur in an accident.
To file a lawsuit for compensation that covers your loss incurred from an elderly driver accident, we help prove the driver’s negligence by collecting evidence, police reports, and witness statements. Our elderly driver accident lawyers in Mount Pleasant can do this by establishing that:
- The accident resulted in physical damages/injuries
- You were owed a duty of care
- A breach occurred of the duty of care you were owed
- The breach was a result of the accident
Financial Recovery in an Elderly Driver Accident Case
Your lawyer will gather all the required documentation and evidence that is needed to pursue a recovery for you. These supporting documents can include:
- Lost wages for work missed due to the accident
- Medical treatments that include hospitalization, rehabilitation, surgery, prescription medicine, and therapy
- Diminished earning potential should your injuries affect your ability to return to your job
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
Should your loved one had died in the accident, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you recover damages that may include:
- Burial and funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Lifetime lost income, benefits, and annuities
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
Hire a Mount Pleasant Elderly Driver Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been involved in an accident involving an elderly driver, you could recover damages from the responsible party with help from a Mount Pleasant elderly driver accident lawyer. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyer or fill out our online form for a free case evaluation today.