Sometimes, animals, both wild and domestic, can cross the roadway in oncoming traffic, which could result in a major vehicle accident that sometimes involves several automobiles. While most drivers are careful to avoid animals in the roadway, accidents can happen.
A Mount Pleasant animal crossing the street accident attorney at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you pursue compensation for any injuries or losses you have sustained in an accident involving animals crossing the street.
Our firm operates on contingency fees, so you will not pay upfront costs unless we obtain financial awards on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a animal crossing the street accidents lawyer serving Mount Pleasant, call (888) 612-7001
How Our Attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Can Help
According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), there are approximately one to two million reported car and large animal collisions per year. Animals crossing the street may threaten all drivers and their passengers on the road. If you have been involved in this type of collision, we may help in the following ways:
- Provided that you have suffered injuries in a collision with domestic animals or in an attempt to avoid hitting them and you collide with other objects like trees and fences, we can help you file a lawsuit against the owner of the animal. We can also help you secure compensation if you have suffered injuries due to the attempt of another driver to prevent a collision and hit you or your car.
- Provided that the animal has no means of identification, our Mount Pleasant animal crossing the street accident lawyers can investigate to find the owner of the animal. If the animal involved was domesticated, then it is possible that its owner used a microchip on the animal for tracking its location and/or its identification. This can make identifying the owner easier. If the owner did not put a microchip on the animal, then the attorney can interview witnesses of the accident and residents of the area to find the animal’s owner.
- If a wild animal tries to cross the road and another driver attempts to avoid it, and then collides with you or your car, the other driver in this situation could have liability.
- The defendant’s lawyer may assert that you were liable to an extent for the collision. For instance, a lawyer may claim that you were driving over the speed limit, and you could have prevented an accident by maintaining the posted speed limit. Under S.C. Ann. Code § 15-38-15, the law of comparative negligence may find an individual with personal injuries receiving lesser compensation if partly liable for the collision.
Our team of lawyers at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you explore your legal options for securing compensation following your accident.
Mount Pleasant Animal Crossing the Street Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Establishing Liability in an Animal Crossing the Street Accident
Striking large animals when they unexpectedly cross the street can lead to total car wreckage and result in injuries of the driver and passengers. Sometimes, an attempt to prevent collision can injure the passengers in other vehicles.
Provided that it is a domestic animal, the animal’s owner might be considered liable. The owner of a domestic animal is obliged to prevent them from being on roadways, where they could cause a collision. This may also apply to pets and farm animals.
Possible Outcomes of Animal Crossing Accidents
Besides a collision with the animal and its effects, there can be other consequences.
In some circumstances, drivers may have a limited amount of reaction time when they spot an animal on the street. This can lead to a driver swerving in an attempt to not strike the animal. Such actions can result in:
- A collision with another vehicle
- Loss of control, possibly resulting in a rollover accident
- The vehicle swerving off the roadway
Each of these circumstances can result in a need for medical care or property repair or replacement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Financial Recovery in Animal Crossing the Street Accidents
By compiling the necessary evidence and documentation, an animal crossing the street accident lawyer in Mount Pleasant may pursue compensation on your behalf. This compensation may vary depending on the accident details and injury severity but may include:
- All medical and other related expenses
- Lost wages due to injuries
- Declining earning ability provided that your injury prevents you from working effectively in the future
- Therapy in the case of mental anguish
If you have lost a loved one in the accident, we may pursue recovery that includes:
- Loss of consortium
- Medical bills
- Lost income, benefits, and annuities
- Expenses for burial and funeral services
A Mount Pleasant Animal Crossing the Street Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you have been injured in a collision that involves an animal crossing the street, we may secure compensation for your medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and other financial areas.
A Mount Pleasant animal crossing the street accident lawyer at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help protect your rights and pursue the awards you may be entitled to. Call us or fill out our online form for your free case evaluation today.