In South Carolina, property owners must keep lawful visitors safe from harm. If an owner knows of a hazard on their property, they should repair the problem or issue a warning. Otherwise, they can bear financial liability for any resulting damages.
A Moncks Corner slip and fall accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can explain your legal options and seek compensation on your behalf.
Our law firm will take your slip and fall accident case on a contingency-fee basis. We don’t require any hourly or upfront payments.
Instead, you and your attorney will work out an arrangement that benefits both of you. Your attorney will likely take compensation from the money they secure for you. Your attorney only recovers compensation if your case is successful.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Moncks Corner, call 843-407-0300
We Will Investigate Your Moncks Corner Slip and Fall Accident Case
We’re ready to pursue compensation for your accident-related losses. We will review your claim for free and explain how the state’s premises liability laws apply to you.
During our investigation, we will secure evidence that proves negligence. This evidence may comprise:
- The incident report
- Video surveillance footage
- Photos of the slip and fall scene and your injuries
- Testimonies from witnesses, including bystanders and first responders
- Your medical records and information from your doctor
- Your personal testimony
This documentation allows us to build a strong case and pursue the compensation you need.
Moncks Corner Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-407-0300
We Can Resolve Your Claim Via an Insurance Claim or a Lawsuit
In general, there are two ways we can seek compensation in a Moncks Corner slip and fall case. We can:
File an Insurance Claim with the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Provider
If you slipped and fell at someone’s house, we can file a claim with their homeowner’s insurance policy to seek damages. Alternatively, if you fell at a business, we can file a claim with the business’s liability insurance.
File a Lawsuit Against the At-Fault Party
If the insurance company refuses to negotiate with us, denies your claim, or refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we may file a lawsuit. We can guide you every step of the way, represent your best interests, and fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Recoverable Damages in a Moncks Corner, SC, Slip and Fall Accident
We pursue compensation that covers your injury-related expenses and losses. While your case’s value depends on your situation, recoverable damages may include:
- Pain and suffering: This expense accounts for your physical and emotional trauma. Its value depends on the severity of your condition and necessary medical care.
- Mental anguish: If you developed depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after getting hurt, we can account for this hardship in your case’s value.
- Past and future medical costs: You may have incurred expenses for ambulance transportation, emergency room treatment, hospitalization, prescription drugs, rehabilitation and therapy, and ongoing care. These losses are compensable.
- Lost wages: Missing work could have cost you tips, salary, hourly pay, commissions, vacation time, business opportunities, and other employee benefits.
- Diminished earning capacity: You may qualify for this damage if your injuries affect your earning power. For instance, you can seek compensation if your condition requires you to take a lower-earning position or a different job altogether.
If you lost a loved one, our slip and fall team can pursue a wrongful death case. Wrongful death compensation can include your loved one’s funeral and burial, final medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Handle All Types of Slip and Fall Claims
We’ve managed slip and fall cases involving:
- Spills in restaurants and grocery stores
- Water tracked on tile or wood floors
- Torn carpets
- Loose or cracked flooring
- Cords, items, and other trip hazards in walkways
- Uneven walkways, including unmarked steps
- Dangerous stairways
- Broken, loose, or missing railings
- Cracks in pavement
- Poor lighting
Premises liability laws apply to all property owners, regardless of whether they own public or private property. We’ve seen slips and falls happen at every location, including:
- Homes of friends, family members, and neighbors
- Local restaurants or shops
- Grocery stores
- Department stores
- City sidewalks or parks
If you fell on government-owned property, you can seek damages from the overseeing entity. For instance, if you fell at Old Santee Canal Park, you can pursue compensation from Berkeley County.
What to Do in the Aftermath of a Slip and Fall in Moncks Corner
To protect your legal rights and case’s outcome, you should consider:
- Getting medical attention right away: For the sake of your health, you should have your apparent and underlying injuries treated as soon as possible. It will also show that your fall led to your injuries.
- Seeing your medical care to the end: Following your treatment plan can ensure you reach maximum medical recovery. Failure to do so may be detrimental to your health and your case. For instance, the insurer may argue that your own negligence made your condition worse.
- Keeping a journal of your recovery: Every day, jot down how you’re feeling mentally and physically, your activities, and your treatment regimen (e.g., medication, exercises, etc.).
After reviewing your case, our team can give more recommendations about what measures could protect your right to compensation.
Turn to Our Slip and Fall Lawyers Serving Moncks Corner, SC
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our team offers free case reviews to victims of Moncks Corner slip and fall accidents. We can review your claim, investigate your situation, and pursue the compensation you need to move on.
Call (843) 407-0300 for more information.