Even though mopeds are smaller and slower than passenger vehicles, drivers still have an obligation to avoid collisions. If a motorist violates safe driving practices and hits a moped rider, they can bear liability for any resulting damages.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers represents moped accident claimants in Berkeley County. Our moped accident lawyer serving Moncks Corner can negotiate a settlement, manage your insurance claim, and file your civil suit.
Exploring your options begins with a free, no-obligation case review.
For a free legal consultation with a moped accidents lawyer serving Moncks Corner, call 843-407-0300
What Can Our South Carolina Law Firm Do for You?
We’re committed to seeking fair compensation for your injury-related expenses. This involves:
Working On a Contingency-Fee Basis*
You pay nothing up front or out of pocket for our legal aid. We don’t require hourly rates or retainers, either. A portion of your settlement pays our attorney’s fees.*
Calculating the Cost of Your Damages
We want you to walk away with compensation that fully accounts for your injury-related losses. Doing so involves reviewing your medical bills, property damage receipts, and employment records. Understanding the value of your losses allows us to negotiate fair compensation.
Identifying the Responsible Party (or Parties)
We will identify the at-fault party (or parties) and show how they caused your moped crash. This involves:
- Conducting a full investigation
- Collecting and analyzing all available evidence
- Interviewing witnesses to learn about your accident’s cause
Identifying the at-fault party allows us to determine the liable party. Remember: there’s a key difference between fault and liability. The at-fault party caused your moped accident. The liable party pays for your damages.
Negotiating a Settlement with the Liable Insurer
As mandated by the South Carolina Department of Insurance (SCDOI), all motorists must carry auto insurance. We will file your claim with the liable party’s insurer to pursue damages. If it doesn’t immediately respond with an offer, we will present evidence, review the liable policy, and assert the cost of your damages.
Litigating Your Case
If we cannot reach an out-of-court settlement in your moped accident case, we can file a lawsuit. This involves seeking compensation directly from the negligent driver – not their insurance company.
While your case unfolds, we will represent you every step of the way.
Moncks Corner Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-407-0300
We Will Pursue These Damages Following Your Moncks Corner Moped Accident
Financial recovery in your case may account for:
- Medical care and related expenses
- Ongoing care costs and future care costs
- Lost wages for the time you missed from work
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot return to your previous job
- The repair or replacement of your moped
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You may be eligible for other damages based on your case.
Your Injury Lawyer Can Establish Your Case’s Required Elements
We can’t just file your claim and request compensation. We must establish that negligence caused your accident. We are required to show:
- The other party had a duty of care. All road users have a duty of care, meaning they must abide by traffic laws and signals.
- The other party breached their duty of care. The other party violated their duty of care by not driving safely. Violations can include speeding, distracted driving, tailgating, and more.
- The other party caused your accident. Using traffic camera footage, the police report, and eyewitness statements, we can show the other party caused your collision. If you contributed to the accident, you can still seek damages – as long as you didn’t cause most of it.
- You suffered injuries and other losses. Finally, using your case’s evidence, we can show you incurred losses because of the collision. We can use your property damage receipts and medical bills to satisfy this element.
Don’t stress about proving these elements on your own. Your lawyer serving Moncks Corner can establish these factors.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We’re Prepared to Answer All Your Injury-Related Questions
When he founded George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, George Sink, Sr. had one goal in mind: to help injured claimants. His team is ready to answer all your questions. Right now, you can get the answers to these inquiries:
Have We Achieved Settlements in the Past?
Absolutely. We’ve recovered millions of dollars since we began helping injured people.1 Some of our outcomes in South Carolina include:
- We recovered $3 million for the family of a moped victim.1
- We secured $2.6 million for our client injured in a motor vehicle collision.1
- We recouped $1.7 million when our client was hit by a car.1
- We won $1.1 million for our client injured in a collision.1
Our results speak for themselves. We’re not afraid to fight against uncooperative insurers and the people they represent.
How Soon Can We Start Working On Your Case?
We’re ready to break ground on your case today. When you contact our firm, you begin a free, no-obligation case review about your legal options. If we’re a good match, we’ll start gathering evidence to prove your claim.
We understand that you suffered losses and want compensation now. No problem. We’re committed to getting the outcome you deserve.
What If I Wasn’t Wearing a Helmet When My Moped Accident Happened?
The University of South Carolina reminds us that moped riders and motorcyclists under 21 years old must wear helmets.
Even if you caused or contributed to the severity of your accident, you can still seek damages. Don’t let the other party deny liability because you weren’t wearing a helmet. This does not automatically bar you from financial recovery.
Connect with Our South Carolina Law Firm Today
If you’re interested in exploring your options, dial (843) 407-0300. Here, you can get a “feel” of what it’s like to partner with us. Additionally, you can ask anything you want regarding your case’s potential.
You just worry about getting better. We’ll take care of everything else.