We have seen how serious rideshare accidents can be in Macon. Whether you were hit by an Uber driver on Eisenhower Parkway or you were a Lyft passenger during a crash on the way to Mercer University, you could have options. If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.
Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers serving Macon can help you understand your legal rights and fight for the money that you deserve. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews and handles all of our cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not pay attorney’s fees unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf.*
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft accidents lawyer serving Macon, call 478-220-4863
Our Attorneys Understand Rideshare Liability Insurance Requirements
Uber and Lyft drivers, like all licensed Georgia drivers, must have auto insurance that meets the state minimum required protection:
- Bodily injury liability of $25,000 per person; $50,000 per occurrence
- Property damage liability of $25,000 per occurrence
Uber and Lyft have their own insurance coverage standards, and the amount of liability coverage available to victims depends on the rideshare driver’s status.
When the Rideshare Driver Is Not on the App nor Available to Accept Riders
If you are involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver who is driving for reasons other than rideshare purposes, you could file a claim against that driver’s personal auto insurance.
When the Rideshare Driver Is on the App and Available But Without a Rider
For accidents that occur when the Uber driver is on the app and available to riders, you could have access to Uber’s liability insurance.
There are several factors that must be considered, but for both Uber and Lyft, drivers could be covered for up to $100,000 per accident. Some Uber drivers opt for added coverage that may also apply to your accident.
When the Rideshare Driver Has Matched With a Rider or Is Transporting a Passenger
Uber and Lyft passengers, other drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians are typically covered by the company’s liability insurance if the accident occurs while the Uber driver has passengers. Both Uber and Lyft have $1 million policies that protect passengers if a driver causes a collision.
Uber and Lyft accidents are complex, and it can be very difficult to understand all of the coverage that you may be able to access. One of our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers serving Macon, GA can help you understand your options and will fight to protect your rights.
Macon Uber and Lyft Accidents Lawyer Near Me478-220-4863
Naming the Liable Party in a Rideshare Accident in Macon, Georgia
When we agree to work together, our lawyers will start investigating the accident. They will gather different forms of evidence to build an effective case file. Such evidence may include:
- The accident report
- Photographs of the crash scene, your damaged vehicle, and your injuries
- Traffic camera footage
- Your medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
This information should point to who was negligent. It could be:
- The Uber or Lyft driver or another driver: If they were speeding, distracted, intoxicated, or fatigued
- Another road user like a pedestrian, motorcyclist, or bicyclist: If they failed to follow the road rules
- A car mechanic: If they didn’t detect an issue with a vehicle or put in a part incorrectly
- A vehicle parts manufacturer: If a vehicle part was designed, produced, or marketed poorly
- A Macon government municipality: If it failed to warn road users about hazards or promptly fix road defect
Once we figure out who caused the accident, we will show that they owed you a duty of care, breached it, caused the accident, your injuries, and losses.
Compensation for Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries in Georgia
Injuries from an Uber or Lyft accident can be extensive and create huge medical expenses for you and your family. We urge you to seek medical care for potential injuries as soon as possible after any traffic accident. If you are under a doctor’s care, please follow their recommendations for follow-up appointments and other necessary treatment.
Afterward, an attorney with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you pursue compensation for all your damages, which can include:
- Past and future medical treatment: For emergency care, hospital stays, diagnostic testing, pain relievers, therapy and rehabilitation, and medical devices
- Lost pay: For missed hourly pay, salary, tips, commissions, bonuses, opportunities, promotions, and other benefits you missed while you were in treatment
- Diminished earning ability from your injuries: If you can’t work your old job and are forced to take one that doesn’t pay as much or you can’t go back at all
- Property damage: For the damage your vehicle sustained
- Disfigurement: For the changes in your mobility or appearance
- Diminished quality of life: If your injuries keep you from enjoying the activities you did prior to the accident
- Mental anguish: If you’re experiencing depression, sleeplessness, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the accident
- Pain and suffering: If you’re dealing with chronic or intense pain from your injuries
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident: If you need to make changes to your home to accommodate your injuries
- Wrongful death damages: If your loved one passed away from the accident and you are left with bills for their medical care, funeral arrangements, and more
After we have determined the worth of your damages, we will send the insurance company a demand letter and request that figure. We have dealt with many insurance companies through our four decades of legal service.¹ You do not need the stress and aggravation of dealing with an insurance adjuster while you are recovering from injuries. Let us handle the details while you recuperate.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Can Help You After a Macon Uber or Lyft Accident
An Uber or Lyft accident can leave you and your family in turmoil, which is why we work to make pursuing compensation as easy on you as possible. The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers works hard to get you the compensation you need to heal.
Each case is different. However, our process usually includes:
- Investigating the cause and circumstances of the accident
- Obtaining proof of your damages that may include hospital bills, pay stubs, and more
- Naming liable parties and using collected evidence to prove negligence
- Preparing a detailed claim for the insurance company
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Representing you in court if your claim is denied or the insurance company refuses to provide you with a fair settlement offer
If you have questions at any point during the legal process, we want you to reach out. Even so, we will update you throughout your case so that you’ll never be left in the dark.
There are No Out-of-Pocket Fees When You Partner With Our Law Firm
Our lawyers will take your Macon Uber or Lyft accident case on a contingency-fee basis so there are no fees due in a lump sum, up front, or hourly.* Our payment will come out of the damages your lawyer wins for you at the end of your case. However, there is no charge if we can’t reach a favorable outcome.
You don’t have anything to lose when you select our legal services.
Connect With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers After an Accident in Macon, Georgia
After getting hurt in a Lyft or Uber accident in Macon, Georgia, turn to our personal injury lawyers right away. It takes time to build a compelling case. The sooner you call our firm, the quicker we can get to work for you.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers now at (478) 220-4863 for a free case review.