If your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse or negligence in the Laurens, South Carolina area, contact a nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer serving Laurens, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Recognizing Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
According to the Administration on Aging, elder abuse is “any knowing, intentional, or negligent act by a caregiver or any other person that causes harm or a serious risk of harm to a vulnerable adult.” While abuse may take on several forms, listed below are the main types of elder abuse.
- Physical abuse: Causing physical pain or harm to a senior such as pinching, kicking, slapping, or restraining.
- Sexual abuse: Any kind of nonconsensual sexual act imposed on an elder such as intercourse or forcing one to watch others perform a sexual act.
- Emotional abuse: The sole intent is to create fear and anxiety in a senior through verbal or nonverbal intimidation tactics, such as isolating or humiliating a person.
- Financial abuse: Illegally taking another’s assets, stealing personal property, or embezzling funds.
- Neglect: Not providing appropriate care in regards to nourishment, clothing, shelter, medication, hygiene. Neglect is also defined as the failure to protect a vulnerable adult.
Laurens Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
The Warning Signs of Elder Abuse or Neglect
Not every sign is indicative of abuse; however, it is important to be aware of the various ways abuse manifests itself so that you can take the appropriate protective measures before it escalates. You want to ensure your loved one remains well cared for and healthy. Signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical abuse: Pressure marks, bruises, broken bones, cuts, and burns
- Sexual abuse: Bruises around the breasts or genitals
- Emotional abuse: Sudden withdrawal from regular activities, a change in alertness, and unexplained depression
- Financial abuse: Sudden and unexplained change in finances, missing items or cash
- Neglect: Unattended medical needs, bedsores, poor hygiene, malnutrition, and dehydration
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
What to Do When You Suspect Abuse or Neglect
If you fear for your loved one’s safety, contact 911 for immediate assistance. The emergency responders are trained to assess the severity of the situation at hand and arrange medical transportation to a hospital. Make sure you get a copy of any paperwork from the hospital so you have documentation of what transpired.
- Gather and organize all pertinent documentation. This includes personal statements, medical records, observations, and photographs.
- Write a formal letter that outlines your concerns and send it to the nursing home’s administrator by certified post.
- Contact South Carolina Adult Protective Services in Laurens County at 1-864-547-8079.
- File a report with local law enforcement.
- Call our Laurens nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers proudly serves the Laurens, South Carolina area. A nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer serving Laurens, SC, is available to assist you at one of our offices or we can meet you at your home if transportation is an issue.
One of our compassionate and experienced attorneys will guide you through the legal options available to you in order to make the most informed decision. However, there’s no need to feel obligated to choose a course of action since our initial consultation is always free.
Although our lawyers have a strong track record of recovering damages, each situation is different and there are no guarantees regarding the final outcome of your particular case. What our personal injury attorneys do offer is our dedicated commitment to achieving the maximum compensation available for our clients.
We aggressively seek to hold those who are responsible for you or your loved one’s suffering financially liable. We don’t try to replace the loss you’ve suffered, but we do believe it’s important to recover some of the financial burden you were forced to incur.
It can be frustrating to find yourself in a situation where you are unsure about the right course of action. We can help you take the initial step toward holding your loved one’s abuser accountable for their cruel actions. It’s time to put a stop to nursing home abuse and neglect in Laurens, South Carolina. Contact us today to get started.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001