Each year, over eight million emergency room visits are related to slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall personal injuries are one of the most common types of accidents in the United States, second only behind automobile accidents and injuries.
South Carolina property owners are required to maintain their properties and address safety hazards. When a property owner fails to do so, he or she is held accountable for slip and fall accidents.
Most slip and fall incidents are preventable. It does not matter if you were injured on public or private property. Property owners that violate the Premises Liability Law in South Carolina are responsible for medical bills, pain and suffering and attorney fees related to the incident.
If you’ve been injured, the slip and fall lawyers in Lancaster, SC, from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Lancaster, call (888) 612-7001
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are often avoidable. Public spaces and private businesses with high volumes of traffic sometimes fail to post adequate warning signs regarding wet or slippery surfaces. In other circumstances, the property owner blatantly disregards maintenance and safety hazards.
Slip and fall accidents take place in several different settings, including private homes, workspaces, retail stores, restaurants, and sports arenas/stadiums. Public areas such as streets, sidewalks, and parks are also not immune to slip and falls.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Inadequately lit areas that hide or fail to illuminate tripping hazards properly.
- Cluttered hallways that prevent tripping hazards of falling hazards, even if properly lit.
- Wet surfaces caused by spills and failure to clean-up, moisture tracked in from outside, or naturally slick surfaces such as tile or stone.
- Ramps and staircases that are damaged, including broken or loose handrails as well as missing or damaged steps.
- Uneven surfaces such as cracks in the sidewalk, potholes in the street, bunched or torn carpet, damaged floorboards, or loose/broken tile.
The slip and fall attorneys in Lancaster, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will represent your best interests throughout the claims process. Our law firm has successfully handled over 40,000 personal injury cases and will fight on your behalf to receive fair compensation for avoidable injuries sustained on another’s property.
Lancaster Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Slip and Fall Injuries Can Be Life Threatening
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, the property owner is not allowed to ignore safety hazards. Additionally, the property owner must warn visitors of any impending dangers.
In the United States, falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries. It can include everything from frequent headaches, loss of memory, concussions, or migraines. Broken bones, lacerations, pelvic injuries, and permanent scarring are other common injuries associated with slip and fall accidents. Some injuries are life-threatening events that result in wrongful death.
In other instances, the injuries sustained from a slip and fall are not immediately apparent yet lead to chronic pain and suffering. Medical bills get out of control quickly and lead to debt and other discomforts such as stress and worry.
Factors That Determine a Slip and Fall Settlement in Lancaster, SC
A property owner is responsible for a slip and fall accident when the owner acted negligently. It means the property owner failed to take some action that would have prevented the slip and fall in the first place. The court deems the accident was otherwise preventable.
Our legal team thoroughly investigates slip and fall incidents for negligence. We aim to answer two critical questions:
- What party is at fault for the accident?
- Was the responsible party negligent or otherwise contributed to the accident?
South Carolina courts will also consider the age of the victim. Children are not as able to identify dangerous situations, and thus more susceptible to slip and fall incidents. Personal injury cases involving children are generally more favorable toward the victim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Report a Slip and Fall Accident
To get started, you will need to file a slip and fall claim. Our team will gather and complete all the necessary paperwork and ensure the timely filing of your claim.
Ways to Take Action
- Document everything you know about the incident. As soon as you receive treatment for injuries, spend the time to document the events leading up to the slip or fall. If possible, gather photos, videos, witness statements, and police reports regarding the incident.
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer serving Lancaster, SC. Our firm offers an initial case evaluation at no cost to you. The consultation is entirely confidential. If you are unable to travel to our office for the appointment because of your injuries, we will come to you. Do not hesitate to call a personal injury lawyer.
Get Assistance From a Slip and Fall Lawyer Serving Lancaster, SC
Slip and fall accidents do occur frequently. Some incidents are severe and life-threatening. Do not assume that the accident is your fault. In many cases, the property owner acted with negligence. A slip and fall lawyer in Lancaster, SC, can help.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has represented slip and fall victims for over 40 years in South Carolina and will help you recover damages. Contact our law firm by phone or through our online form for more information during a free case review. Do not delay. Victims of slip and fall cases only pay attorney fees when they receive compensation.