Just like all other drivers on the road, Uber and Lyft drivers are prone to making costly mistakes that can cause accidents that may harm others. Uber and Lyft rideshare lawyers in Irmo, SC, can help you seek justice if you’ve been harmed and left with damages.
We are dedicated to holding these companies responsible when their drivers act in a negligent manner and harm South Carolina passengers. If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, let us help you fight to get the compensation you need to move forward.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Insurance That May Apply in Rideshare Program Accidents
There may be different insurance that applies to rideshare accident cases involving companies, but it often comes down to when during the transaction the accident occurred.
While the App Is Off
If the driver is not actively waiting for rides and the app is turned off at the time of an accident, the claim proceeds much like a claim that did not involve a rideshare driver. The driver’s own personal liability coverage provides coverage for the harm that he or she caused, up to policy limits.
Waiting for a Ride Request
If the driver has the app on and is waiting for a ride request at the time of the accident, the driver’s own personal insurance will probably not apply. This is because South Carolina Code § 58-23-1625 lets insurance companies exclude auto claims when the insured is working for a transportation network company (TNC) like Lyft or Uber.
Instead, the rideshare program’s liability insurance will usually apply in these situations, subject to the following limits for both Uber and Lyft:
- $50,000 for bodily injury per person
- $100,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
Picking Up or Transporting a Passenger
As soon as the rideshare driver accepts a ride request and until the passenger is dropped off at his or her destination, the following insurance limits apply for Uber and Lyft:
- $1 million in liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury
- Contingent comprehensive and collision insurance
Irmo Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
What to Do If You Are in a Rideshare Accident
If you are involved in a rideshare accident, you should take the same steps that are recommended for being involved in any motor vehicle accident like:
- Reporting the accident to authorities
- Seeking medical attention for your injuries and tending to the needs of others if possible
- Documenting the scene by taking pictures
There are some extra steps that you may need to take when involved in an accident involving the rideshare company, including:
Notifying the Rideshare Company
You or your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Irmo may need to notify the rideshare company about the accident and obtain insurance information. You can make a brief report through the app to notify the rideshare company of the accident,
Keep Information About the Ride
Be sure that you do not delete or lose information about the ride. You may be able to access important information about the ride and the accident from the app and the phone that you used to schedule the ride, such as:
- The rideshare driver’s name
- The time and location of the ride
- The report of the accident
- The driver’s reviews
File a Claim
You can begin the process of recovering compensation for the damages you sustained by filing an insurance claim with the relevant insurance provider. You can provide a brief, factual summary of how the accident occurred, but do not agree to provide a recorded statement or to sign anything sent by the insurance company or rideshare company until you have an opportunity to consult with a legal professional.
Your claim may take a while to resolve, so be sure that you keep an organized accordion file or set of folders to track the following information:
- The accident report and any contact with authorities
- Pictures, videos, and other evidence of the accident
- Information about the rideshare driver and communication with the rideshare company or its insurer
- Employment records, car repair bills, medical bills, and other documents that establish your economic losses
- Medical records from treatment you sought immediately after the accident and for ongoing treatment
Contact a Legal Professional
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, an Irmo Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you. Call us today for your free consultation with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers if you have questions about your rights.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
How We Help Rideshare Accident Victims
Our lawyers may be able to assist you with every aspect of your claim from start to finish. We may help you by:
- Investigating the accident: we will aim to identify all parties who may be responsible for your accident.
- Reviewing the relevant insurance policies: we can request a copy of every insurance policy that may be involved and review information about exclusions, as well as coverage limits.
- Filing a claim on your behalf: our lawyers may be able to help you file a claim and handle all communication with the insurance company.
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf: we may request evidence to establish the full extent of your damages and prepare a customized demand package that asks that you be compensated for the full extent of your losses.
Contact Us Immediately to Get Started on Your Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, do not hesitate to contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for help with your claim. An Irmo Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from our team may be able to serve as your legal advocate and fight for fair compensation for your claim.
Contact us today to begin the path to recovery. Let us give you the legal guidance you’ll need to get the maximum value for your claim.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001