If you sustained injuries in a bus accident in Irmo, South Carolina, you might have a claim for compensation. Bus accident cases can be complicated because we might need to file an administrative claim, an insurance claim, or an injury lawsuit, depending on the facts of your case. If a government agency owned or operated the bus, we will have to follow different rules and procedures, but we have experience in these cases.
A bus accident lawyer in Irmo, SC can explain the process we will have to follow in your case, depending on whether the bus was privately-owned, government-owned or operated, or was a school bus. We can answer your questions about what will be involved in pursuing a claim or filing a lawsuit.
Call our office today for a complimentary consultation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
How an Irmo Bus Accident Lawyer Can Investigate Your Case
When we take on a new bus accident case at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we conduct an in-depth investigation of the incident. Every case is unique, so the steps that we take will vary from one case to the next. Some of the subjects we typically look into include:
- Liability. We have to determine what caused the crash and identify the culpable party. Most motor vehicle accidents result from carelessness.
- Economic losses. We have to prove the amount of your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other economic losses. We usually start with your medical bills and employer records and then go after other needed documents.
- Long-term changes to your life. Bus accidents often involve severe injuries. If your injuries have affected your ability to support yourself or have impacted your life in other ways, we will collect the evidence to prove those factors.
- Non-economic damages. In addition to determining the amount of your financial losses, we will calculate a fair amount to represent your non-economic damages. These non-financial losses can include things like loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.
Irmo Bus Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How Much Your Irmo, SC Bus Accident Injury Claim Is Worth
Every case is different, so we cannot just throw out a number to represent the value of a bus accident injury claim. We need to talk with you and look into the details of your situation to determine the worth of your case. Because everyone’s injuries are unique, your accident claim could vary widely from that of someone else who was riding the same bus.
Damages we commonly recover for our bus accident clients include:
- Lost wages for those paychecks you missed because of the wreck and your recuperation time. This can include wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of income.
- Medical costs, like the ambulance, emergency room, surgery, hospital, doctors, x-rays, and physical therapy.
- Diminished earning capacity, if your injuries prevent you from making as much money after the accident as you could before.
- Disability, if you cannot work to support yourself because of your injuries.
- Rehabilitation facility, if you suffered catastrophic injuries that required extended treatment at a specialized facility.
- Long-term care, if devastating injuries leave you in need of daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care.
- Pain control, such as prescription painkillers and pain management services.
- Intangible losses, like pain and suffering, disfigurement, and more
- Wrongful death, if the bus accident took the life of your close loved one.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Who We Can Sue for Your Losses from a Bus Accident in Irmo, SC
The claims process we have to use will depend on who owned the bus. Different laws and procedures will apply based on whether a school, private company, or government agency owned or operated the bus.
Government agencies own or operate most school buses in South Carolina. We will have to follow the special rules of the South Carolina Tort Claims Act (Act). One of the most important things to know about this Act is that you likely have less time to file a lawsuit than you would in a standard car accident case. If you miss the deadline, the law will bar you from going after compensation for your injuries.
Not all school buses fall under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act. If the government did not own or operate the vehicle and the bus served a private school, the Act does not apply. Our team will follow the same procedure as we would for any other motor vehicle collision.
The South Carolina Tort Claims Act does not apply to privately-owned buses like private shuttles, tour buses, and sightseeing buses. Lawsuits involving these vehicles will follow the same rules as a standard car accident case.
Government Agency-Owned or Operated Buses
When the state, county, or some other entity owns or operates a bus, an injury claim will have to follow the rules and procedures of the South Carolina Tort Claims Act. Because the deadline for filing these cases is so short, you should not delay talking with an Irmo bus accident attorney.
You do not have to be a passenger on the bus to file an injury claim. People who get hurt by buses when they are on foot, riding bicycles, or in other vehicles can also seek damages for their losses.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Getting Legal Help After an Irmo, SC Bus Accident
You can get a consultation and review of your case at no charge from the bus accident attorneys in Irmo at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. When we take care of your legal matters, you can focus your time and attention on your health and wellness.
Our team can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. Call us today for a complimentary consultation. There is no obligation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001