If you had a slip and fall accident at work, you are most likely eligible for workers’ compensation. Yet, these benefits don’t cover all the expenses and losses that come with a severe injury.
Contact one of our slip and fall accident attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers serving Greer, South Carolina to learn about the best path forward for your individual circumstances and how we can help you recover losses caused by your injury.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Greer, call (888) 612-7001
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers’ Dedication to Greer Slip and Fall Victims
Regardless of where a fall happens, our lawyers are committed to aggressively pursuing the best possible outcome for each client. Our attorneys’ dedication is evidenced by free consultations, 24/7 telephone access for questions and concerns, and individualized services that include traveling to your home or the hospital to discuss your case when your injuries prevent you from traveling to us.
Greer Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Slip and Fall Accidents at the Workplace
We have represented personal injury victims in a variety of accidents, including slip and falls. Most often these accidents occur as a result of negligent property owners who don’t maintain a safe environment by not removing hazards from their walkways, not tending to spills, or not fixing things like loose steps or floorboards.
When a slip and fall occurs at the workplace, the causes might vary and include things such as:
- Oil and chemical spills
- Powder and granule spills
- Falling debris that causes a fall
- Poor safety best practices
Legal Help for a Workplace Slip and Fall
When someone is injured from a slip and fall accident on the job, they begin by filing a workers’ compensation claim and often assume that they don’t need legal assistance. Workers’ comp denies claims and reduces claims.
Additionally, benefits do not cover the entirety of economic loss, nor do they compensate for your pain and suffering or other non-economic losses. The line between a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury lawsuit is very thin, requiring the finesse and expertise of an attorney to guide you through that process.
It’s unlikely that you can sue your employer, but you might be able to sue a third party. Your slip and fall lawyer in Greer, South Carolina, will advise you on the right path for your situation, but here are some things that George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can assist with if you have been injured in a slip and fall at your workplace:
- Claims process. The workers’ comp claims process can be daunting if you haven’t done it before. We can help guide you through the claims process to reduce the likelihood that the carrier will deny your claim on a technicality.
- Investigation. We will investigate your case to identify the liable party as well as make sure we have the ammunition we need for a personal injury suit.
- Consultation. We employ the services of specialists who will help determine liability and value your claim.
- Negotiation. We will negotiate with relevant parties to make sure you get full and fair compensation.
- Litigation. We will argue your case in court and protect you from counterclaims and attacks by the defense that suggest you are responsible for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Crucial Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident in Greer
Whether you have been injured at a slip and fall in the workplace or elsewhere in Greer, you need to take some immediate steps to ensure your case goes smoothly.
- See a doctor ASAP. Medical documentation is a crucial element that is needed to attain the best outcome for your circumstances. Make sure you have medical documentation of your injuries as well as strictly following your doctor’s orders, especially if you fell at work. If your regular doctor isn’t available, visit nearby Greer Memorial Hospital.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident and visible injuries with your cell phone if you are physically able to do so.
- Only talk to your lawyer about your case so that you don’t inadvertently say something that might be used against you later.
Taking Legal Action With a Greer, SC, Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident at the workplace or any other party’s property in Greer, reach out to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with one of our slip and fall lawyers serving Greer, South Carolina.