Construction sites can be hazardous due to the presence of chemicals, heavy machinery, and other tools. Workers or visitors to construction sites must be aware of their surroundings, and site owners should maintain a safe environment.
Sometimes, however, accidents occur. If you suffered injuries while on a construction site in Greenwood, SC, you may be eligible to recover damages. A construction accident lawyer in Greenwood, SC, can help you understand your rights and file a claim on your behalf.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help you with your case by filing your claim, ensuring you meet all legal deadlines, and fighting for your rights in court.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Common Types of Construction Accidents in Greenwood, SC
Construction sites are inherently dangerous, even more so when site owners ignore safety regulations. Our firm has experience handling all types of construction accident cases, including workers’ comp and negligence cases.
The most common construction accident cases we take include injuries caused by:
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Injury from falling objects
- Falling from a height
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
If you sustained injuries on a Greenwood, SC, construction site, we can help.
Greenwood Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-334-7200
Types of Claims We May File After a Greenwood Construction Accident
Construction accident cases can be complicated, due in part to the different types of claims that may apply. For example, a construction worker may only be able to pursue a workers’ compensation claim, where a site visitor may have the right to hold multiple parties liable.
Here are the two types of claims we often file in construction accidents.
Construction Worker Injuries
If you are injured while working on a construction site, you may be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim. This allows you to recover damages from a workers’ compensation insurance company.
You may be eligible to claim workers’ compensation if:
- The injury occurred while you were working
- Your employer or the site’s general contractor meets certain workers’ compensation coverage requirements
You may not be eligible to recover compensation through workers’ compensation if:
- You were intoxicated at the time of the injury
- You were engaged in illegal behavior at the time of the accident
South Carolina law requires you to notify your employer of your injury as soon as possible and to seek medical care from an approved medical professional.
Through a workers’ compensation claim, you may be able to recover:
- Medical expenses related to your construction injury
- Future medical expenses, if you are disabled
- Part of your lost wages
- Long term disability payments, if you are unable to return to work
Third Party Personal Injury Claims
In most cases, construction workers are only able to recover damages through a workers’ compensation claim. However, there are a few situations where you may be able to file a personal injury claim, such as:
- You were working, but a negligent act by a party other than your employer caused your injuries
- You were a visitor to the construction site
- You were walking or driving past the construction site
For example, if you were walking on a public sidewalk when a crane dropped their load, injuring you. Or, if you were working but sustained injuries when a piece of safety equipment failed. In these cases, we may be able to pursue a personal injury claim.
Damages available in personal injury or third-party workers’ comp claims may include:
- Medical costs, including emergency transportation, hospitalization, tests, medication, and surgery.
- Future care costs, such as rehabilitation, nursing care, or assisted living facility costs.
- Personal property damages, such as repair or replacement of a vehicle damaged in the accident.
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish, PTSD, fear, and anxiety.
- Lost wages during your recovery
- Loss of future wages if you are disabled or out of work for an extended time
The type of claim you are eligible to file can impact the amount of damages you recover. A construction accident attorney in Greenwood, SC, can review your situation and recommend the best course of action.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!864-334-7200
Call a Construction Accident Lawyer Serving Greenwood, SC Today
Construction injuries can impact your health, your future, and your finances. You should not have to take on the financial burden for an injury that occurred at work or was caused by another party’s recklessness.
If you suffered injuries on a Greenwood, SC construction site, a construction accident lawyer serving Greenwood can help. We have more than four decades of experience helping protect the rights of South Carolina accident victims just like you.
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to discuss your options. We offer construction accident victims a free case review, and you pay nothing unless we win a settlement in your favor. Call us today or fill out our online form.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-334-7200