Ridesharing companies take on a measure of liability for the actions of their driver-contractors, and you may be covered by insurance if you were injured in an accident caused by a ridesharing driver.
Even if you are not able to obtain compensation through Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service’s insurance, then your Greenwood Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may be able to help you win compensation through a lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Greenwood, call 864-334-7200
Ridesharing Has Caused a Rise in Accidents
There is a belief that ridesharing has provided a benefit to American society by:
- Reducing the number of drunk drivers by making taxi-like services affordable and readily available
- Providing a convenient source of transportation
- Reducing the number of individuals who need to own a car to get around in a comfortable manner
However, there have been unintended consequences to increased ridesharing, according to U.S. News & World Report: a rise in total accidents. The idea is that the allure of ridesharing as a way to earn money has resulted in:
- More individuals driving on a professional basis
- A greater number of total vehicles on the road
- More opportunities for accidents to occur
- A greater number of accidents in the United States
Anybody who drives or rides in a vehicle on the roads of Greenwood runs the risk of being in an accident – drivers of vehicles used for ridesharing are no exception. Fortunately, contractors for services such as Uber and Lyft are generally covered by insurance. You or a loved one injured in a ridesharing accident may also be covered.
Greenwood Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-334-7200
Losses That You May Suffer in a Rideshare Accident
The amount of insurance coverage or lawsuit-derived compensation that you may receive after an accident could vary based on your specific losses. In the case of a motor vehicle collision, your losses could be extensive.
Injuries from a rideshare accident may:
- Prevent you from working for the foreseeable future
- Deprive you of your income
- Cause permanent disability
- Decrease your earring capacity permanently
- Saddle you with substantial medical bills for the diagnosis and treatment of your injuries
- Cause psychological trauma
- Require psychological treatment
- Change the nature of your relationships
- Impair your cognitive function
- Restrict you physically
- Deprive you of personal and professional opportunities
If your loved one has passed away because of injuries suffered in a ridesharing accident, then you may suffer additional losses. You may be able to obtain coverage for:
- Funeral expenses
- Permanent lost income
- Loss of comfort, companionship, and parental guidance
- Other losses caused by the passing of your loved one
A Greenwood Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation through insurance or a lawsuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about the compensation you may be entitled to.
A Lawyer May Help You Seek Compensation for Your Losses
- Provide up to $1 million in coverage if you were injured (as a passenger or otherwise) by a rideshare driver who was on the way to pick up a rider or to drop a rider off
- Provide up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury insurance, as well as up to $25,000 in property damage insurance if you were injured by a driver who was awaiting a ride request
The specific circumstances of your accident may dictate whether your losses are covered through Uber or Lyft’s insurance policies. If the driver did not have their driver app engaged at the time of the collision, then their personal insurance policy may cover your losses.
Insurance may not be a way for you to obtain the compensation that you need, however. Some potential hurdles to you obtaining an insurance settlement include:
- The at-fault driver lacking active insurance, though Uber and Lyft systems may protect you from this possibility
- Your losses being greater than the amount of coverage provided by insurance
- A dispute regarding the amount of compensation you should be entitled to
- A dispute regarding who is to blame for your accident
If insurance does not result in the compensation that you need, then your lawyer may initiate a lawsuit on your behalf. Take a look at some of the results our lawyers have secured for our clients.
Pursuing Compensation Through a Lawsuit
If a lawsuit proves necessary, then your lawyer may handle your litigation from beginning to end. Some aspects of your lawsuit that your lawyer may handle include:
- Gathering and organizing evidence
- Assigning liability for your losses
- Organizing documentation of your injuries
- Hiring experts to testify on your behalf
- Filing your lawsuit
- Completing all necessary legal paperwork
- Making court appearances
- Calculating your losses
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial
In addition to completing these specific duties, your lawyer may protect your rights throughout the legal process. This may go hand-in-hand with them handling as much of your lawsuit as is possible, as this may protect you from attempts to violate your rights. Your lawyer can provide advice and guidance based on any prior experience they have handling rideshare-related claims and lawsuits.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
A Greenwood Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may be able to guide you through the period following a ridesharing accident. We may be able to initiate an insurance claim and complete a lawsuit if insurance does not produce the compensation that you should be entitled to.
Do not wait to call us, as S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 states that you generally have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details about the legal services we provide.