If you were in a car accident, you may have suffered whiplash. If the accident was caused by the other driver and it was their fault, you may be able to pursue a claim for compensation for your injury.
If you would like to learn more about the potential of filing a claim against the negligent driver and holding them responsible for your injuries and other losses, you may want to discuss your case with a Greenville whiplash accident lawyer. Our law firm offers a free case review, and you owe us nothing unless we secure a settlement for you.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
What You Should Know About Whiplash
Whiplash is a serious neck injury that often occurs from car accidents and is very common as a result of rear-end accidents. Whiplash, as stated by Mayo Clinic, is characterized by the strain put on the neck caused by a “rapid back-and-forth movement.” Its name stems from the likeness of a whip cracking, and in an accident that causes whiplash, the neck is put under such force that mimics that whip-cracking motion.
This forceful motion can cause severe injuries in the neck and spine, injuring the bones, ligaments, discs, nerves, and tissues of the neck and back. Whiplash is treated with a variety of methods, including medication and exercise, however, in some cases, it causes ongoing complications and severe neck pain.
In many instances, the symptoms of whiplash persist for only a few weeks, however, for others, pain and additional symptoms may last for much longer.
Symptoms of Whiplash
In the days shortly after a car accident, evidence of whiplash may appear. Some symptoms of whiplash you may have noticed are:
- Neck pain and/ or stiffness in the muscles of the neck and shoulders
- Frequent headaches, which often start at the skull’s base
- Pain in the neck that continues to worsen, particularly with neck movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tingling or numbness that radiates into the arms
- Pain or tenderness that radiates from the neck to the shoulders, the upper back, and the arms
Additionally, some people experience symptoms that include:
- Disturbances in sleep
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears/ tinnitus
- Difficulty when concentrating
- Problems with memory/ forgetfulness
- Depression or anxiety
If you were in a car accident, it is especially important to seek medical treatment. If you have not seen a medical professional after your accident, it is very important to have an examination done to assess any injuries and to ensure there are no injuries you are not aware of.
Furthermore, after a diagnosis of whiplash, it is important to follow the directions and recovery protocol given by your physician. You may be able to get compensation for these damages.
Greenville Whiplash Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-407-4000
Complications of Whiplash
It is especially important to keep a watchful eye on your injuries after a car accident. Even though whiplash is very common, and oftentimes it heals quickly with no lingering effects, there are times when complications arise. In more severe cases, whiplash can cause pain that lasts for months or years. Every person with whiplash has a different experience, so it is important to consider individual factors in your specific case.
You may face the following complications:
- The onset of neck pain is severe and comes on quickly after the accident
- Range of motion of the neck and shoulders is very limited
- Pain radiates into the arms
Furthermore, additional factors – such as older age, previous whiplash injuries, existing pain in the neck or back, or if the accident and injury occurred at high speed – make it more likely to have more serious cases of whiplash with more complications.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!864-407-4000
How a Greenville Whiplash Accident Lawyer Can Help
Treatment for whiplash injuries can be extensive and costly, so, you may want to discuss your case with a lawyer. We can help you determine how to proceed if you want to file a claim in pursuit of damages for your injuries.
An attorney can also offer guidance into your case. If necessary, they can work to hold the responsible driver accountable for their negligence so you can receive the financial damages you need to manage the expenses related to your injury. Among the awards you may be able to receive are:
- Medical costs: Financial compensation for your medical expenses that have come as a result of your injuries (this may include your medical treatment, doctor’s visits, and medical devices necessary for maintenance/ management, physical therapy) rehabilitation, and other medical-related costs necessary for your ongoing treatment.
- Lost wages: Compensation that covers your lost time from work, and/ or any loss of wages you have incurred due to your f causing you to miss time at work
- Noneconomic damages: Compensation for pain and suffering you have endured due to your injuries and trauma as a result of the accident
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Contact the Team of George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
If you were in a car accident that caused whiplash, it is important to understand how serious your injuries may be, and if necessary, how to proceed with filing a personal injury claim. Whiplash injuries can be serious and may require extensive medical treatment, and your quality of life may be hampered by these injuries.
If you have found yourself in this predicament, it is important to hold the responsible parties accountable. A Greenville whiplash accident attorney may be able to help with your case to fight on your behalf for fair compensation for your injuries and other losses that occurred due to no fault of your own.
After an accident that caused injuries, you should be focused on recovering and recuperating to be able to get your life back together. Here at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we want you to just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us. Contact our team today for a free case review.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-407-4000